WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not really, but let's just consider that you have to bug out fast, because there is an outbreak of something or a natural disaster and you are forced to take ONLY ONE watch, and only one, you must leave your entire collection behind,:sad: what watch watch do you pick? Please post a picture if you can.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Can I take batteries ?
If I can take batteries, I'd take this Accutron, it has been an utterly dependable and accurate work horse for 38 years and it shows it.

If I can't take batteries, I'd take this dependable workhorse.

·
Registered
19 Posts
LOL. I would probably take anything handy in solid gold to barter with later. I would focus my time on grabbing my 1911 Colt 45ACP, marlin 336 in 30/30, and 870 12 gauge... with plenty of ammo for each.

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Yep - a good knife, matches/lighter (inside a ziplock bag), and a fishing kit would be my primary survival priorities. What good is a watch if there's only zombies? They're not courteous enough to stick to a schedule.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everybody's focus is on "other" survival gear, but since most of us have many watches, we have to pick just one.
It is assumed that we will survive the event, and all our other watches will be stolen. What do you want to be left with?

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
I am surprised more people aren't having fun with this
The explanation is the first page of this thread, particularly Spider124's posts:

http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/general-discussion-forum/60073.htm

It's not that we don't want to have fun, it's that we don't find this particular subject amusing. Nothing held against you at all. Go to WUS and search the Public Forum for "zombie", "apocalypse", or "desert island".... this subject has been killed to death.

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
I am surprised more people aren't having fun with this, here is mine.

Solid tool watch, to be sure. But what's the point of keeping track of time if you aren't also going to keep track of the date? :blink:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Zombies?!?!? Are they close by?

Or far away?

I'm ready for them! Actually, I'd probably grab my Luminox and an AR15...

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
The explanation is the first page of this thread, particularly Spider124's posts:

http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/general-discussion-forum/60073.htm

It's not that we don't want to have fun, it's that we don't find this particular subject amusing. Nothing held against you at all. Go to WUS and search the Public Forum for "zombie", "apocalypse", or "desert island".... this subject has been killed to death.
Fuddy duddy buzzkill! Maybe the reason there's so many threads is a bunch of us think they are fun!

Anyways, back on- topic:

The key aspect here is to know which version zombie we're going to see. The slow, awkward "brrraaaains" George Romero, or the hyper fast super strong modern versions? Will we be out and around during the day, night, or not at all?

My vote would probably be for my ABC watch - Tissot T-touch II, but I have to say the battery life could be a problem, and if we're going to live in darkness for a long time, tritium lume automatic like my Ball Fireman miht be very nice.

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Fuddy duddy buzzkill! Maybe the reason there's so many threads is a bunch of us think they are fun!
Yeah, yeah.... haven't we done this dance a few times already? :001_tt2::laugh::laugh:

Wanna know what watch I'd want? Something with HUGE damage potential if I hit a zombie with it. I mean, I want a watch with the stopping power of a .45 slug. BIG serrations on the bezel, huge semi-pointed lugs, massive weight, maybe even a canteen crown. Incredible blunt force trauma + mega-laceration performance. Totaly mayhem capabilities. This might be the ONLY instance that I'd actually want an Invicta. :eek:hmy::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
116 Posts
if there was a outbreak or natural Disaster and i was the only one left I would just visit all of the watch stores and get everything i want for nothing! really it won't be stealing at that point. Though i would stock up on canned food and seeds first, then visit a few gun stores, then some solar panel sellers so i can use my electric stuff (lights, microwave, heater, etc). maybe a Patek dealer or two or just stop and take whatever im in the area, all i have to do is wrap a bunch of them on my arms and i still can grab the stuff im in the area for.

·
Super Moderator
16,568 Posts
The key aspect here is to know which version zombie we're going to see. The slow, awkward "brrraaaains" George Romero, or the hyper fast super strong modern versions? Will we be out and around during the day, night, or not at all.
The Easter Bunny told me there's no such thing as zombies! :sneaky2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.