WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would post a few pics of how the patina on my Bronze Zenton B42 is progressing.
Just got a new strap which I think suits it very well. Just waiting on my bronze buckle then it will be perfect.

What it looked like 4 months ago

This morning

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually treated it with liver of sulphur gel. It had a fair bit of natural patina (from swimming etc) but I wanted to see what it would look like really aged. Still not sure if it's too extreme.

But that's the beauty of bronze, a bit of lemon juice and baking soda and it's brand new again.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Premature vintage? It's a really interesting look. I wondered how these would "age" with some of the tricks mentioned to add early patina to the metal.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not too extreme at all IMO....looks great! :thumbup1:
The Kazimon 1500b has become my daily-wearer, and I'm awaiting another 2 bronzes! :biggrin:
Thanks, that Kazimon is a good looking watch.
What others are you getting?

Premature vintage? It's a really interesting look. I wondered how these would "age" with some of the tricks mentioned to add early patina to the metal.
Before the current treatment (patina gel) I tried something I read online where you put the watch in a plastic bag with a still hot boiled egg and then crack the egg. Didn't really like the results so started again, plus my girlfriend thought I was insane with my "egg timer".
Then I just wore it on holidays and spent all day in the pool which is a more natural way to get a nice aging effect.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Thanks, that Kazimon is a good looking watch.
What others are you getting?

Before the current treatment (patina gel) I tried something I read online where you put the watch in a plastic bag with a still hot boiled egg and then crack the egg. Didn't really like the results so started again, plus my girlfriend thought I was insane with my "egg timer".
Then I just wore it on holidays and spent all day in the pool which is a more natural way to get a nice aging effect.
There will be another bronze Kazim-Kreation heading my way hopefully soon, and I'm signed up for the Armida A1b in ~6mo.
Another way to patina bronze is with ammonia fumes, not tried it yet but might give it a go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts