WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a Zeno with an AS 1783 17 jewels Hand Winding Movement. Zeno's website does not list this watch or movement.
While doing an online search I came across a similar watch but with an AS 1783 Automatic movement. I couldn't find any info for the Hand Winding version. Does anyone have any experience with or info about the AS 1783 Hand Wind Cal.? Is this a bottom of the line movement or a reliable and sturdy movement and will it provide years and years of trouble free timekeeping? What accuracy can I expect from this movement? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Unfortunately I have not heard of the company, so I can not comment. But I looked at the watch, and WOW, that is a very small date window. Have you seen one in person? Is it that small, or just look like it with the picture?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi timefinder. From what I have been able to dig up online, at some point A. Schild merged with ETA. Yes, that is a very small date window...more like a pinhole but it doesn't detract from the watch's appeal. Unfortunately, I haven't seen this model in person. The only Zeno AD here in Montreal hasn't carried a Zeno in over 2 years.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Unfortunately I have not heard of the company, so I can not comment. But I looked at the watch, and WOW, that is a very small date window. Have you seen one in person? Is it that small, or just look like it with the picture?
What date window?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts