1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
I've seen the original version and this reissue, and I think the proportions are better on this new model. The old one had the same size dial with a smaller case and the sharp angles of the case edges got lost because they were too near the dial. How often do you hear that I like a bigger or more modern watch? Might have to mark this day on the calendar. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Wow, that's a good looker for sure.

love the photography. How big is the case?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
It's a BEAUTY !!!
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:001_tongue: But posing a watch that's not upside down can.
LOL! I tend to position most of my watches crown down for photos because I like the reflection from the crowns and to my mind it just looks right. It's funny how some see them as being upside down. I'm guessing if I positioned them the other way up someone else would say that was upside down, too. I'm not sure there's a firm rule on this one, though I could be quite wrong.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
:mellow: In setting up a watch, just say to yourself, "a watch on it's crown, is upside down"
A little saying we learned setting up watch displays. It's something I like to point out in watch
stores, it breaks up their sales speil.
LOL! I tend to position most of my watches crown down for photos because I like the reflection from the crowns and to my mind it just looks right. It's funny how some see them as being upside down. I'm guessing if I positioned them the other way up someone else would say that was upside down, too. I'm not sure there's a firm rule on this one, though I could be quite wrong.

·
Registered
691 Posts
The zenith is an imaginary point directly "above" a particular location, on the imaginary celestial sphere. "Above" means in the vertical direction opposite to the apparent gravitational force at that location. The opposite direction, i.e. the direction in which gravity pulls, is toward the nadir.

http://thirtyfivemil...2/12/20/zenith/
Your photos are awe inspiring .... makes me slow down to take a longer look. Also, makes me want to take more care with my own amateurish (as in pre-school) photos.

Dude ... you must be an alien because no human can capture light like you do.

HINT: Publish a coffee table book of classic watch photos.

OkeefenokeeJoe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.