WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone happen to catch this live just now? I didn't realize this was also such a big marketing campaign for Zenith.

Pretty neat stuff. It'd be interesting to know whether or not he actually wore that watch during the jump. If he did, I'd be curious as to how well it operated during a 700+ mph freefall.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I watched it, but didn't see anything about the watch. I'm anxious to hear how it held up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
615 Posts
The watch will have held up, I bet it.
But what about the guy Felix Baumgartner (Also in 189x was a famous watch maker) - Relation?

Anyway, why he pulled his parachute some 20 secs early - he seemed in some distress????
A

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could have been nerves. He seemed anxious about the fact that his visor was fogging up. I was a little surprised that, considering the magnitude of his accomplishment, he wasn't also able to break a record set in the 1960s.

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Anyone else think he pulled early specifically NOT to break the record?

(The guy talking to him from Mission Control is the record holder)
Somebody on another forum mentioned the guy has some claustrophobia issues. Don't know how true that is, but it would be a reason to panic and abort the plan. Not a good one nor a sound reason, but a reason nonetheless.

·
Super Moderator
16,575 Posts
My hat's off to this guy. I can barely stand on the roof of my house without soiling myself! :scared:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.