WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Let's just say that it is a bad looking watch.

Even in the pictures, I can hardly distinguish the time, but I'm pretty certain that any young dude wearing one of those would mightily impress the babes.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
I'm afraid I'm with Grady on this one - you can barely make out the hands - looks like it would be hard to tell the time (or am I missing the point of this watch?). Actually looks like they forgot to put the dial on.....
but then again, you should see (no you shouldn't) some of the crap I have acquired in my time :tongue_smilie:

·
Registered
20,790 Posts
Actually, I really like the Extremes. Like all Zeniths, very well built & fantastic craftsmanship. Though I will admit you have to see one to appriciate it. You can't appriciate it in a 2D picture.... See it in person, and I think you'll like it better. May still not be your cup of tea, but they're nice if you like the open heart style of watches so you can see the complications move from the outside.. I've got one of the non-open hearts (not the Extreme, the Port Royal) and love it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'd have to see it in person to really make a judgment, but since i'm a young guy i'm sure i'd like it hahaha

·
Registered
129 Posts
not my cup of tea, or coffee :D

while i am sure there is a market for the watch, i can think of many others i would buy before the zenith line.

but as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if you like it, then more power to ya :thumbup1:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I actually think most watches from Zenith look pretty good. True they may not follow traditional watch designs, but who else puts tourbillons on sport watches ?? The Defy line defies.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
As an older guy there watches are my cup of tea or coffee.When you have it on the wrist you know your wearing a quality timepiece and they produce there own movements. Here is Invicta's and my homage to Zenith.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Kurt -- that Defy chrono is one sweet watch. You are blessed with some both cool and unique. I really like the mix of elements. With the El Primero movement to boot! I also dig the Doxa-esque right chrono dial layout w/colors.

The Defy Extremes displayed on the Zenith site however are just gaudy however. What is that turbine looking thing in the top left quadrant? Yuck.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I still can't see the Invicta rip-off some seem to see with the SAIII-Defy Extreme. Is it the bracelet, and the bezel? The bracelet I can see, both bezels are black with raised notches, yes, but the dials are not even similiar.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I still can't see the Invicta rip-off some seem to see with the SAIII-Defy Extreme. Is it the bracelet, and the bezel? The bracelet I can see, both bezels are black with raised notches, yes, but the dials are not even similiar.

The standard Subaqua series I & II are based on the Zenith Defy Classic. The III series is based roughly on the Defy Extreme. The classic is 44 mm, the series I & II are 47mm, The Extreme is 48mm, the series III is 50mm.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
The standard Subaqua series I & II are based on the Zenith Defy Classic. The III series is based roughly on the Defy Extreme. The classic is 44 mm, the series I & II are 47mm, The Extreme is 48mm, the series III is 50mm.
I'm familiar with the Subaqua series Koi. If you say Invicta has based the entire Subaqua line, 1,2 and 3 on the Defy series, then O.K.:001_rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I'm familiar with the Subaqua series Koi. If you say Invicta has based the entire Subaqua line, 1,2 and 3 on the Defy series, then O.K.:001_rolleyes:

it is my opinion. We all know that Invicta would never copy another watch company model and change it a bit and call it original.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts