WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up one with the 3133 movement on the 'bay for under $150. I know the movement is based on the Valjoux, but outside of that I don't know much else. Anyone else here have experience with them either good or bad? My Vostok watches are really well made and a super value. I am hoping this will be the same. I get it next week and I'll post pics as soon as I do.

·
Registered
833 Posts
i agree with Adam - i have an early one with 17 jewels, base metal case and tachy/tele meter scales. though not high on refinement its a good value proposition for those who'd like to own their first mechanical chrono. Finally congratulations on your purchase

·
Registered
10 Posts
As far as the movement is concerned, I would propose you to read this article:
Poljot 3133 vs. Valjoux 7734 (by Lysanderxii)
Poljot 3133 is really based on Valjoux 7734, but in comparison to it, has fully jeweled chrono module. It's main purpose was to be used in the military watches and to replace the old Poljot 3017 chronograph movement (based on Venus) for those applications. The first watches with the new (at that time) Poljot 3133 were Okean (for the marines) and Sturmanskie chrono (for the pilots). That's the reason of the robustness by design the 3133 has. Just after that the "civil" versions came to market. It was originally never finished to a beautiful level, but some users (like Aleksander Shorokoff) are doing miracles with it:

·
Super Moderator
16,893 Posts
..... It was originally never finished to a beautiful level, but some users (like Aleksander Shorokoff) are doing miracles with it:

Thank you for sharing that info with us.
I assume this is an example of Mr. Shorokoff's re-worked 3133's? It appears to be quite beautiful! :thumbup1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.