WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello,

I have searched the web and did not find any reply/answer on that:

It seems to exist 3 different rotor weights for the JLC Squadra Hometime and I wanted to know why, and the difference appears for the same year's production ?

With standard silver inscription:

With gold inscription:

With no inscription:
http://jlc.watchprosite.com/?page=p...634161&fi=2&pi=3745661&ti=599321&s=0&size=raw

I have actually asked Jaeger Lecoultre and still waiting for their reply.

Is there somebody outthere who can help me to solve that mystery on that wonderful watch ?

Just for information, my beautiful JL is in the third case, without any inscription.

Thank you for your help !

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Are these all the exact same model number? If so, that's confusing. If they are even slightly different models than that might explain it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, this is for the exact same model, caliber 977. And I am really confused, this is why I have launched this post.:blink:

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Here's an example. These two Omega watches are both from the late 60's (1969 I believe). The first is mine, the second is Wetwork's.

They use the identical case, crown, crystal, and dial. The ONLY difference is mine has a chronometer rated caliber 751 and Tommy's is a standard 750. His model number is 166.032, mine is 168.023 - and mine also has his model number stamped above the chronometer model on the inside of the case back:

The wheel train bridge on my watch has different markings than on his - mine mentions that the watch has more adjustments. The dial is the only other place you can spot a difference - mine shows the watch is a chronometer while his lacks that text.

Earlier Omega movements had different markings on the rotors. The bumper caliber 354 came as a chronometer or standard movement. The chronometer's rotor was marked as such. Otherwise these were identical calibers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank for the addons. I am an Omega fan as well and like to wear my pie-pan or calendars. ;-)
I know that Omega were not as accurate in stock management between 50's to 70's than companies like JLC nowadays.

I am talking about models that came on the market in 2007 (if I am right) so I presume we cannot face this kind of problems like with vintage Omega watches.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
I am talking about models that came on the market in 2007 (if I am right) so I presume we cannot face this kind of problems like with vintage Omega watches.
Not necessarily. It could be possible that the gold inscribed rotor goes in gold cased models, and the regular inscribed rotor goes in stainless cases, while the non-inscribed rotor only goes in the most basic models. Purely hypothetical.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your hypothesis is good, but gold models can have or not have a gold inscription. There is no "standard' that I have been able to sort out.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Guess that shoots down my theory! :blink::laugh:

Can you give me an example of two otherwise identical watch that have different rotors? I'll make an inquiry.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
No, I haven't heard back from any of my contacts. :sad: Sometimes watch companies aren't very forthcoming.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for your swift reply. Do you think you can still expect a reply ?

It is weird that JLC did not reply to my queries. In fact they did say that I have to see the mechanism onto their website !:blink::blink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts