WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which was it guys?

My first was the result of a realisation that my previously-held view that sports watches were not my style needed changing.

It wasn't difficult to imagine which watch I would opt for. Having been given more to dress styles, I found the 2254.50 too big so one late afternoon in February of 2004, I ordered a mid-size black SMP from a dealer I tracked down having hunted high and low for the most suitable deal. Back in those days I never took pictures of watches....... only WISes do that :lol:

omegawatches.com​

John's review of the 2254.50 was needless to say very persuasive. Haven't we all come to appreciate that? :thumbup1: Three days later it arrived. My first diver and I was in ecstasy. I was part of the wild bunch at last :biggrin::biggrin:. It was an entirely new experience and I was delighted with my purchase. In fact who wouldn't be pleased with perhaps one of the most attractive 300M divers out in the marketplace. I shyed away from the 2531.80 since as you know, skeleton hands, round markers and at that juncture, the 9-link bracelet did nothing for me. That Speedy-style bracelet was impressive in its' direct simplicity and purposeful elegance. Flipping open the diver's extension was an exciting discovery too. I'd never have needed that aspect of the watch as again you know.

With the joy and discovery of a new beginning, the Connie was almost always left in its' box save for dress-up occasions. My first scratch was a horror story. Yes indeed I did scratch the watch. It was about three months later and a little, barely-noticeable hairline on the bezel which was enough to result in some self-inflicted bruises on my shin. I loved the watch but I didn't keep it long. Why? Well, this is why ...

42mm of shiny Electric Blue.

And its' instigator?

Why, John Holbrook II of course :D:D:D

How about you pals? What are your memories of your first sports or diver watch?

Let's Keep Talkin' Guys :thumbup:

Y'all have a nice day now :001_smile:

ZIN

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I bought a diver from Service Merchandise ("wholesale" catalog/showroom big-box store) when I was probably 11 or 12 years old. It came packed in a plastic tube that was filled with water. I thought that was the coolest thing ever.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I bought a diver from Service Merchandise ("wholesale" catalog/showroom big-box store) when I was probably 11 or 12 years old. It came packed in a plastic tube that was filled with water. I thought that was the coolest thing ever.
**** bro, I think we had the same watch :D

·
Banned
2,511 Posts
Wow Zin,nice first sports watch,my first one was the Timex Ironman with the indiglo light that I got about 20 years ago.That digital that lit up was so cool back then.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
not my first sport style watch but I've got one of those Casio GShock chrono

thing has cool yellow & red l.e.d lights to help with stop watch functions

stop watch functions are nice for lap times, watch matches my lime green bike kinda

This isn't my first diver watch either, but I still have it, what a copy Invicta does of that Omega at the start of this thread

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts