WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Your "Can't Live Without It" Watch...

3K views 20 replies 21 participants last post by  Scott D 
#1 ·
I have a modest collection of watches; autos and quartz, numbering about dozen or so. Well, maybe a few more than that.

Last night, my wife commented on the "need" versus the "desire" for watches. She has absolutely no problem with the fact that I collect them. She just kinda' chuckles and rolls her eyes when I do.

It got me thinking, though. I'm not sure which watch I would select if, for whatever reason, I was put in the position of having to choose only one watch to wear for the next, say, two years.

I think I would probably lean towards the SMP, but I'm not certain. The Oris Williams F1 would be another strong consideration (well, if I put the bracelet on it).

Some of you maniacs have huge collections. What would you decide on?

#3 ·
Probably the Planet Ocean since I wear it just about every day for a little while at least.

If timekeeping and overall accuracy were among the criteria I'd pick this Citizen for a 1-2 year stint.

No battery needed and "spot on" every day.
Not to mention a multitude of features-most of which I'll never use!!

#5 ·
not too sure. not enough watches (yet) to be willing to sacrifice for the rest. HAHA

#6 ·
Seems the Doxa Caribbean is my ticket to the must have...

#8 ·
If choosing simply to choose one watch for two years it would be my G-Shock. Accurate, can handle all situations (except dress), has all the bells and whistles I might need to use in the next two years,

If choosing because I will loose the other watches forever, I would choose my Rolex. The others are easily replaceable (costwise), if I were to even choose to replace some of them. The Rolex isn't easily replaced or even justifiable at this point in my life.

#14 ·
I don't think I really own such a watch, but after considerable thought, I decided that this watch has the features that I would consider essential if I could own one watch without much chance of getting another.

Solar-powered, perpetual calendar, dual time, 200m WR, alarm, unidirectional bezel, heavy-duty build, pretty good lume, and suitable enough for any occassion I would likely encounter under such circumstances.

#17 ·

#19 ·
I used to think it would be my Sub, but now I think its this one. I really never use the GMT function, but I like it because of the little splash of color on the bezel, it being all brushed so it can take a bit of a beating, not too heavy, too large, perfect for travel if I was only bringing one watch, water proof....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.