WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without a doubt, the best purchase of 2007, and perhaps of my watch collecting career is my 1680 from 1970:

What was your best watch purchase this year?

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow Pauley...I didn't realize you purchased all your Rolexes in 2007! :eek:hmy::001_tt1:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I got my 1st Air-King about 3 years ago, followed closely by my 1st non-date Sub. Both were moved on, the AK to a friend, the Sub to my brother-in-law.
All of my current watches are keepers, unless i find a really good 5513 Sub or similiar. I REALLY need one of those in '08, i would be prepared to let one of my current collection go to facillitate that!
:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,967 Posts
First I bought my Sub earlier this year..:001_wub:

Then followed later this year by my GMT II..:001_tt1::001_tt1:

·
Registered
70 Posts
As a child there were two things I desperately wanted, a Rolex Submariner and surprisingly not an Aston Martin :laugh: but a Corvette. Both were cruelly stolen from me by a rather mean ex wife a couple of years ago :001_rolleyes:

But 2007 had a good start to the year so a new Sub and maybe another Vette isn't to far away either. Even if you guys get fed up seeing this pic I don't.

Cheers

B

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Didn't realize you had one Timefinder....have we seen photos? :confused1:

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
Not yet John. Technology is new to me. I tried a few times; but, I can not even come close to the pics you guys have. If no one minds, then I can post what I have.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Best watch purchase of 2007? My GMT-Master IIc, of course! :001_wub:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Greetings to all,

What a wonderful year, I was able to get my first 6542. The greatest moment was christmas day when my wife opened her present, oh yes it was in a box as big as the computer desk :sneaky2:. I wrapped it in 5 boxes and was really excited for me errr I mean her. In the end it took her a while to warm up to the new SS/18k, but in the end with some time she loved it. BTW I did have to put an Alligator strap on it, she did not like the heavy jubilee bracelet. Now I catch her looking online at ladies Rollies Hmm :lol::lol:.

In this company I always hesitate when I submit photos as I am not in the same class as they are :wink:. Please accept my humble photo.

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Green Eyes - any time you can do a photo with multiple Rolexes...wrist shots no less....and make it come out OK, you're really doing something! I think you're seriously sandbagging us on your photo skills.... :w00t::thumbup:

Congrats!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Green Eyes - any time you can do a photo with multiple Rolexes...wrist shots no less....and make it come out OK, you're really doing something! I think you're seriously sandbagging us on your photo skills.... :w00t::thumbup:

Congrats!
Thanks JBH, the photo was taken just after noon today. :thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts