WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
I would send a quartz watch in for service if it stopped working or was suddenly no longer accurate. Especially when the cost of servicing the watch could be more than the sale price of the watch.

It's generally recommended that a mechanical/automatic watch be brought for regular maintenance every three to four years. This could include cleaning the watch movement, lubricating the parts, and then adjusting the watch for accuracy, which could potentially cost $150.00 or more. I have never had an Invicta mechanical/automatic serviced because to me it's not worth it. I'll wait for a problem to occur before sending a watch to someone for service.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
patsbosoxfan said:
The only time I would send a quartz watch in for service is if it stopped working or was suddenly no longer accurate. Especially when the cost of servicing the watch could be more than the sale price of the watch.

It's generally recommended that a mechanical/automatic watch be brought for regular maintenance every three to four years. This could include cleaning the watch movement, lubricating the parts, and then adjusting the watch for accuracy, which could potentially cost $150.00 or more. I have never had an Invicta mechanical/automatic serviced because to me it's not worth it. I'll wait for a problem to occur before sending a watch to someone for service.
Or just pop a new movement in. Like a miyota 8215 is $37 on ofrei

1 - 5 of 5 Posts