WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Australian Govt has decided to issue Visas to suitably qualified people to come work in OZ. Contact your local Aussie embassy. Visa classification 457:thumbup1::thumbup1:

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
While I'm sure Windy will be welcome as a nurse, I doubt you have a pressing need for mattress salespeople and/or product trainers. :laugh::lol: We have discussed visiting because the Gold Coast is on our ever-shortening list of places we might want to retire to.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There seems to be a shortage in all trades, engineering, law enforcement and medical. The visas they are offering in some places do include spouses. The mining industry in Western Australia in some places is looking for over 50000 people. It would be a good idea to check with your local Oz embassy.

Also the East coast namely Queensland is the same. The Central coal producing areas are booming.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Im a toolmaker, with vast CNC experience. I'd like to dream about Austraila, but doubt I could earn the living I'm accustomed to?

·
Registered
20,795 Posts
Im a toolmaker, with vast CNC experience. I'd like to dream about Austraila, but doubt I could earn the living I'm accustomed to?
You never know.. Could even end up being a better living. I had a friend who moved to Australia to take a job (about 15 years ago) and she did very well. Better then she had here in the US. So if you're really interested, check it out. Only thing that costs you is a bit of time.

Only caution I'll throw out there is check with your tax person too on the implications of foreign-earned income / credits. If I recall correctly she not only paid taxes in Australia but also had to pay US taxes on the income. I think there's some credit towards any foreign-paid taxes, but not sure it's 1-1. Could be nothing major, but if you're really interested make sure you at least check that as well so you can factor it in.

If I was 20 years younger I'd be definitely looking into this..... :thumbup1:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know that some of the wages are in the vacinity of $120k a yeqr for Tradesmen and even the so called dish-pigs in the kitchens pull $80k a year for 6 months work. I will find a definitive website tomorrow and see what info is about. There are quite a few Mechanical tradesmen here at present from the Philipines and Gt Britain. Keep you posted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts