WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Is this a car race? A foot race? A race car? A racy foot? What? Anybody know what the Lalo is sponsoring?

·
Registered
541 Posts
This is an annual off-road vehicle race/rally from Lisbon, Portugal to Dakar in Senegal Africa. It has 3 classes, car, truck, and motorcycle. Looks like Invicta has somehow teamed up with Yamaha for the next event in 2008. This might be interesting. I feel a Lisbon to Dakar Rally model watch in the future.:glare: Yamaha must be planning to take along some cheese to snack on next year. Check out http://www.dakar.com for more race info.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
It is cool and smart. Yamaha produces cutting edge designs that are like none else in the motorcycle industry(sound familiar?). I own both brands, Invicta and Yamaha, and imagine that this is a great opportunity to expand the brand while teaming up with an innovator.

Yamaha Roadliner

·
Registered
541 Posts
Nice bike echo!:thumbup1: I also own Invicta and Yamaha. A Yamaha bass guitar and some Yamaha recording equiptment. :thumbup:

·
Registered
161 Posts
We could see some really cool watch designs come out of this!!

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
I believe that,long ago, Eyals grandmother was a pioneer in the founding of this race.
The prize was a Dakar Diver!
(since discontinued)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Invicta and Yamaha

I too own Invicta watches and a Yamaha motorcycle. I have a Yamaha V-Star Custom 1100. I ride the Yamaha while wearing my Invicta watch -- I'm ready to do commercials! I like the Dakar Diver idea. Can we do it for $99.95 with a coin edge bezel and automatic movement? (On the watch -- not the motorcycle!) We'll paint the Dakar Diver motorcycle the color of Swiss cheese and ship it out in a yellow box:lol::001_tt2:!

·
Registered
16,743 Posts
Warning! Cheese melts in the desert sun!
And why are they sponsoring stuff in Europe when their market is America?
I suppose US Yamaha dealers will promote Paris to Dakar (the old name)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts