WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
I've been playing video games since the original NES. (I still have 4 old systems and about 300 games)
I haven't played for a while (PS 2 is sitting dormant ) due to what,IMHO, is a lack of appealing (to me) games.
I love puzzle games and was a big Final Fantasy fan.
Most games today don't really interest me.
Tetris Rules!!!:thumbup:

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tetris was the best. BTW, and I know you are going to laugh; but, do you know where I can get the original soundtracks to Tetris? I always liked the different background music.

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
Tetris was the best. BTW, and I know you are going to laugh; but, do you know where I can get the original soundtracks to Tetris? I always liked the different background music.
I wish I could help but I can't.
I am currently playing on an ancient Gameboy and am on a quest (for the second time since the game freaked out on me a while ago) to get all my times for 40 lines under 2 minutes.

Try googling " video game music" ??

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I have a Wii now and love it. I can play lots of my old favorite NES, Super NES, N64, Turbografix, and Sega games in addition to all the new Wii stuff. The new motion control is just great and adds so much I can't tell you. My wife actually plays now!!! She loves it and it is great at parties. Everyone has a ton of fun with it. Highly recommended.

Do yourself a favor and get one if you see them in stock. They have been in short supply now for over a year and it gets more and more popular and people experience them. It really is a phenomenon.

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know what other age group it is a phenomenon with? Senior Citizens!!! I read that many senior centers, nursing homes, assisted living, etc., are getting them and having tournaments as it keeps them active!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Where's Galaga? Missile Command? Stargate? I never did like those Mario brothers...

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pong? Wow! I remember when Asteroids came out in the arcade style box, and was outside places like Elephant Mart, 5&10, etc. My parents had to pry me away.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey Timefinder,

The main song to Tetris is based off the Russian folksong Korobushka. I used to play a classical version of the song in my high school saxophone quartet. Good luck finding a version that suits you, for the song's been redone hundreds of times by various bands and promoters...although it had little international fame until Tetris swept the world.

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
I have a Wii now and love it. I can play lots of my old favorite NES, Super NES, N64, Turbografix, and Sega games in addition to all the new Wii stuff. The new motion control is just great and adds so much I can't tell you. My wife actually plays now!!! She loves it and it is great at parties. Everyone has a ton of fun with it. Highly recommended.

Do yourself a favor and get one if you see them in stock. They have been in short supply now for over a year and it gets more and more popular and people experience them. It really is a phenomenon.
I bought my son the Wii and we do enjoy it - you certainly can get a workout! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've been addicted to Warhawk for PS3 since November. If anyone plays i'm The-Misfit-X so look me up!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Gaming is all pretty much Halo3 for me these days. I got the new Ace Combat for the 360 for Christmas, but only played it once so far.

After that Yahoo review, I may be looking to get Mass Effect before long. Halo multiplayer on xbox live is still the most fun I've ever had in a game.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Gaming is all pretty much Halo3 for me these days. I got the new Ace Combat for the 360 for Christmas, but only played it once so far.

After that Yahoo review, I may be looking to get Mass Effect before long. Halo multiplayer on xbox live is still the most fun I've ever had in a game.
Xbox 360 Mass Effect has a great storyline, but been playing COD4 (Call of Duty 4) in multiplayer. It is my favorite FPS first person shooter on the 360.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts