WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
Just one question, does anyone who own an x-wind know if the hands and markers are glowing ?
Because I bought one and in the description was reported as glowings markers and hands but mine is gloom in the darkness.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
From the examples I have seen the hands as well as the hour indices are lumed.
Did you expose to enough light before you checked?
All of my Hamiltons have good lume.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the examples I have seen the hands as well as the hour indices are lumed.
Did you expose to enough light before you checked?
All of my Hamiltons have good lume.
ehm, no the watch is in the box yet, I never wear it. I did not think I had to expose it to light.
Ok I'll try

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
My chrono, if exposed to a bright flash light, such as my Surefire for about 10 seconds will easily glow all night and still be visible at 5am. It's not like a Seiko Lumabrite or my Omega Super Lumanova (?) but it is adaquate and still usaable. Yes they must be exposed to light in order to provide "lume" in the dark. Usually regular daily wear is sufficient, I don't usually expose mine to the flashlight before going to bed and I can still read the Hamilton throughout the night.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I find the lume on my x-wind to be the worst of my watches. My Oris Diver DAte is good, my Jeanrichard Bressel is by far the best. The prob with the x-wind is that the indices are very small and the hands are thin, so it determines how much radioactive material can be piled on there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts