WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a Wyler wrist watch that I am restoring and would very much like to know when it was manufactured.

The caseback is signed "Wyler Lifeguard" and also shows "3425/4m - 1200". It also says "Duraclad Base Metal Top" and "Stainless Steel Back". The stainless back is a snap-off, but is just a cover. The watch opens through the crystal / top.

Inside the case is signed "Wyler Watch Co" and "Swiss". Beneath this is has the following numbers: 0011-34 and 9-3425/4m.

This is an automatic watch with an ETA movement that is stamped both 2752 and 2772 under the balance wheel. The movement is also signed "Wyler Watch Co", "WH236", "Seventeen 17 Jewels" on the train bridge and "Unadjusted Swiss" on the barrel bridge. The stem is a split type.

The face of the watch is signed "Wyler Incaflex" below the 12 and "Dynawind" above the 6. It has a date window at 3.

I would be very greatful if you can identify the date of manufacture, or direct me to a scource that can. Of course, any other information you may have about this watch would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
16,575 Posts
Without photos, this is probably the best you're gonna get. It was copied from the eHow Q & A site:

...Locate the serial numbers on the watch. There will be an exterior number that will be the model and type of watch, but there will also be numbers inside the watch written on the movement that will give you the information about the watch's manufacturing date. Record those numbers and, if possible, take pictures of where they are located, and of the watch.

Contact the company. The Wyler watch company, now Wyler Geneve, is still in existence and going strong, and you can find the company's contact information at (www.swisstime.ch) (see Resources). Send an email with the photographs you have taken and the serial numbers to inquire what the age and manufacture date of your Wyler watch is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.