WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are getting really close on these now! Dials are done and we should have them next week to start doing the lume. Casebacks should be here in a few days. All other components are done already. Just lume and assemble at this point. Should be end of March as planned or at the latest early April.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I like the cnc cutting on the dials. I like the rounded edges on the markers better than the laser cut dial on the M39. I look forward to seeing some more models with these style dials in the future.

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the cnc cutting on the dials. I like the rounded edges on the markers better than the laser cut dial on the M39. I look forward to seeing some more models with these style dials in the future.
Its really clean looking for sure! I really like these dials.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
don't forget to squeeze a maple leaf on there somewhere

Reactions: WWIIBuff

·
Registered
28 Posts
Exciting!!!

Still dreaming that I will have it for my birthday on the 29th. Highly unlikely, but glad to see they're getting close. Nice work!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Oh boy, the delivery date can't come soon enough.
This one is going to looks sweet!

Happy to finally welcome a SS classic M series to the LT family :w00t:

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Beautiful blue! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Looking great, Chris! Thanks for the update and looking forward to the shipping notification.

Sent from AtlantaDave's iP4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
264 Posts
Do I see a sandwich dial in the future?

Its really clean looking for sure! I really like these dials.
Ray,

I didn't know the numbers and indices were CNC cut! I thought they were painted on like on my M27 or A13 or B10. Do I hear any interest in a sandwich dial? Looks like if the dial is already cut out all you have to do is lay it over a bed of Lum Tec lume stuff!

Any left over dials we can do in brown or green for my bronze M series :)

Would love a sandwich dial on my upcoming bronze! My Pam 88 does not have a sandwich dial but I have examined my friends Panerai 321 and I have to say the depth effect is amazing.

Not sure how a sandwich dial is manufactured so anyone with any input would be appreciated.

DrAnesthesiaTX

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great news indeed

That's awesome. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the M62. Early April at the latest is just what I've been waiting to hear! The dial looks perfect.

CPG:thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ray,

I didn't know the numbers and indices were CNC cut! I thought they were painted on like on my M27 or A13 or B10. Do I hear any interest in a sandwich dial? Looks like if the dial is already cut out all you have to do is lay it over a bed of Lum Tec lume stuff!

Any left over dials we can do in brown or green for my bronze M series :)

Would love a sandwich dial on my upcoming bronze! My Pam 88 does not have a sandwich dial but I have examined my friends Panerai 321 and I have to say the depth effect is amazing.

Not sure how a sandwich dial is manufactured so anyone with any input would be appreciated.

DrAnesthesiaTX
These are like a sandwich dial's top layer but instead of a separate plate on the bottom with thin amount of lume for thickness reasons, we fill the entire index with lume so that the lume thickness extends off the back and all through the thickness of the dial. We can get 3x the lume thickness of a sandwich dial and yet more clearance. We do not have any in green, and these will not fit the bronze series.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Proud papa

Oh well.... I can only make wishes right:)

Regardless, those dials are fantastic! Not sure if you would consider adding it as a future option or need a new line up but they sure are gorgeous. 3X lume!!

Chris, you must be a proud papa. I can't imagine the feeling of your creations coming to life and to such actualization. The only thing I can compare it to is when we see our children succeed; as parents we not only feel proud but we see and feel the joy through their eyes! What a wonderful feeling!

Well done, my man!

I hope you got some progress pics of our bronze babies.

DrAnesthesiaTX

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh boy, lol, I am truly giddy with excitement:w00t: I can't wait to lay my eyes on the M61, I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve:drool:

I had originally ordered the M62 as I was a too late to get in the M61 club but one day, luck came my way by chance. From time to time, I have this urge to head over to lumtec.com to have yet another gander at my preordered M62. Its like I need my fix or something:001_tongue: Well, one of those times, I thought I saw the M61 as "in stock" and did a double take:blink: My eyes weren't deceiving me, it was in stock!:w00t: Some poor chap must have had to cancel their order:sad:

I thought, "oh no", could I cancel the M62 and order the M61? Can I, can I? Sent an email to Lumtec, during the middle of the night mind you:glare:, to ask if I could cancel and preorder the M61. Five minutes after I sent my email, I came to my senses and placed the M61 in my cart and checked out, I'll worry about the M62 order later. I'm gonna to lose this chance if I wait till the morning ya idiot!:laugh:

Needless to say, the crew at Lumtec took care of canceling my M62 the next day, no worries. Come to think of it, I hope someone felt the same joy when they saw the "in stock" for the M62 that day?:thumbup:

Well, like everybody here, I can't wait to lay my eyes on the M61!:001_tt1: Oh boy, oh boy, not only is it my first blue dialed watch, its my first Lumtec too!:001_smile:

Thanks for the update Chris!:thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
24,984 Posts
We started the dial lume and the hands lume and finishing today. Monday we will start on the blue index marks and we should have the hands and dials ready to assemble i hope by next Friday.
Wow....over 100 dials, and over 100 sets of hands in one day. :scared: You're a slave driver! :laugh::lol:

1 - 20 of 129 Posts