WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I thought I liked this EL about as much as possible; inexpensive, quality build. But then the deployment clasp I ordered came in the mail today. What was already a pretty classy looking watch is, in my always wildly humble opinion, even more so:

I gotta' be honest, man, I don't know that I'll ever own a strap watch without a deployment on it. Not only does it make it a lot easier to put on and remove, but I think it ramps up the "class factor" by a factor of 10. Like I said, the EL was sweet to begin with.

Now?

Man...

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Handsome. Just bought my first deployant for a croc strap. It is the only way to go for a high end strap IMHO.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Handsome. Just bought my first deployant for a croc strap. It is the only way to go for a high end strap IMHO.
Personally, I think it's the way to go for any strap; I'm just completely sold on them. I've got an Invicta Time Square Automatic on its' way to me; paid $99.00 for it on eBay. There will be zero hesitation in spending $35.00 (shipped) on a deployment clasp for it...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Steve, I'd like to try a clasp. Your combo looks great and I also think that it ups the class factor. Did you get it from forum sponsor or someone else?

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve, I'd like to try a clasp. Your combo looks great and I also think that it ups the class factor. Did you get it from forum sponsor or someone else?
Check your PM's...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Deployment Clasp on WTF Forum Watch

Steve;

I guess I had missed this post.
This looks terrific!

Regards,

Gérard M. Diffiné
President
Montres Edouard Lauzières - North America

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Steve;

I guess I had missed this post.
This looks terrific!

Regards,

Gérard M. Diffiné
President
Montres Edouard Lauzières - North America
Thanks, Gerard; I really lke it, and have gotten a lot of positive comments about it...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Fantastic improvement to an already classy watch.
In addition to the appearance and convenience benefits already mentioned, this type of clasp also saves wear and tear on your leather strap prolonging its life.
:thumbup1:

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fantastic improvement to an already classy watch.
In addition to the appearance and convenience benefits already mentioned, this type of clasp also saves wear and tear on your leather strap prolonging its life.
:thumbup1:
Honestly, I went with the clasp, primarily, because I dig the look. The benefits were of a secondary concern to me...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Honestly, I went with the clasp, primarily, because I dig the look. The benefits were of a secondary concern to me...
And exactly the right reason to do so, too. Don't you find yourself turning your wrist frequently to get an admiring glance of the clasp, much like you would do for the watch itself? I do with my watches that have this clasp.

I only mention the practical side of the clasp as being an added benefit.

Dave :)

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And exactly the right reason to do so, too. Don't you find yourself turning your wrist frequently to get an admiring glance of the clasp, much like you would do for the watch itself? I do with my watches that have this clasp.
No, man, I don't do anything like that.

Never.

Never ever...

:huh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts