WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

WTB - Beginner Vintage Watch in Working Condition

763 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jay_R 
#1 ·
I am a newbie with a limited budget who is looking for an affordable vintage watch in working condition. Bracelet/strap is optional, I can provide that if necessary - of course if one is not provided, I would need something fairly standard in size and attachment type.

Here is the basic criteria I am looking for:

-- manufactured prior to 1970 or so - may be somewhat flexible on this
-- working condition and keeps reasonably good time, enough that I could wear it occasionally and put it on in the morning without being too concerned about it losing or gaining a big chunk of time before I took it off that evening - not looking for something for daily wear, just occasionally
-- reasonable aesthetics, intact crystal with no cracks, I'm not expecting perfection by any means

I'm flexible, but again, on a limited budget. In my very limited experience so far, I was thinking maybe something like a common 1960s Gruen Precision, for example? But not locked into that.

Thanks for any and all replies and items to consider. I know this is a much different WTB post than normally seen here.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.