WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Jaeger-LeCoultre

First automatic wristwatch with alarm
The automatic Memovox was a world first. Produced from 1956 to 1968, it was driven by the Jaeger-LeCoultre 815 Calibre, a 17-jewel, 18,000-vph mechanical self-winding movement with alarm function . In 1959, the Jaeger-LeCoultre Calibre 825 added a date aperture at 3 o’clock (http://professionalwatches.com/Master-Memovox-EN.pdf).

Symbolising the organising of time and planned efficiency of the post-war boom period, the Memovox, literally meaning “voice of memory” quickly became the watch of excellence for men-about-town. It’s striking mechanism gave a pleasant accent to the schedule of daily life: waking up, appointments, train timetables or parking meters. The first Memovox models were hand wound, Jaeger-LeCoultre 489 Calibre. Thanks to their exceptional quality Memovox Calibres continue their career today: representing exceptional longevity for the watchmaking world ((Master Memovox - Jaeger-LeCoultre)).

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Jaeger-LeCoultre

First automatic wristwatch with alarm

Nice example.
Thanks. It belongs to Dennis. I'd never seen one in real life before, so he's giving me the chance to see it, take a few photographs of it, and even show it off a little bit to family and friends for a few days, while he takes a gander at my -- hard as nails --Sinn 203 St-a

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.