·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Omega's website lists the following:
  • SpMP Moonwatch Ref: 3570.50 ...............WR = 50 meters
  • SpMP Sapphire Sandwich Ref: 3573.50 .....WR = 50 meters
  • SpMP Moonphase Ref: 3576.50 ...............WR = 30 meters
I know the first two were upgraded from 30 meters. Didn't Omega do the same for the Moonphase, also, or did Omega just goof on their site information? :confused1:

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Dunno Pal

Perhaps their IT man hasn't finished updating the site though more likely they have increased the depth-rating of the Speedy Pros but not got round to a scheduled production run of the Moonphase.

That's just guesswork btw ;)

Enjoy your weekend pal

ZIN

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't know if the moonphase Speedmaster's WR is wrong or not, but I do know that this is most certainly wrong:

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
Maybe it's because there's no water on the moon???

(sorry:blushing:)

(this is my Orwellian post-#1984)

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
I'm a little confused Mr SLife my friend

How is the description of the De Ville chronograph not correct? It is depth-rated to 100m afaik.

Hope you're having a good weekend

ZIN

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beamon:

Did you contact Omega on their website and ask them? Just curious, and if so, what the response was.
I haven't tried through their website, TF. The troops have not gotten very good or any responses there, but I may try email to the cust. svc. address that we use for requesting the COSC certificates. They seem to pay attention to that. I'll let you know if I do, and what I learn.

My guess is that they just didn't update the site, or that they didn't get around to testing current production of the Moonphase. As previously suggested, perhaps they haven't made a production run since the other two models were done.

I'm pickin' nits here as the difference twixt 30 and 50 meters is slight and veterans have told me that the website is often in error.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well, Houston I was refering to the fact, that the chronograph has a date display and is not mentioned in the "functions" section. It also appears not to be C.O.S.C certified.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts