WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I've long considered putting together an e-book (published in PDF Format) which focused on macro photography techniques as they relate to photographing watches.

The book would be for all skill levels and very accessible for someone who knows nothing about photography, but still have chapters with more advanced techniques. I've actually written articles on the topic for a couple of Photo magazines, and always wanted to put together a more comprehensive guide to the topic.

Is this something that would be worth say $20.00 to you?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Ok JBH... is that why we don't have any tutorials posted, you've been saving them for a book? :laugh:

Seriously tho... yeah, I'd be interested.

Dave

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I would be interested in a "how to" type of book...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hey guys!

I've long considered putting together an e-book (published in PDF Format)...

Is this something that would be worth say $20.00 to you?
Count me in. I'd buy the book if for no other reason than that I've always enjoyed reading your work and support what you do. Are you committed to an eBook? Why not the printed version?

:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Count me in. I'd buy the book if for no other reason than that I've always enjoyed reading your work and support what you do. Are you committed to an eBook? Why not the printed version?

:thumbup:
Well, a number of reasons actually. I can write the book and bring it "to market" fairly quickly. It would take longer and be more costly through traditional publishing means - not that I think I could get a publisher to take on such a narrow market book anyway. :001_unsure:

Thanks for the vote of support BTW! :blushing:

·
Registered
6,967 Posts
Well, I am a ''hard cover'' guy, and I would't mind to pay something more...;)

Great idea John..:thumbup1::thumbup1:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Would the pictures be of Omegas John? ;) :biggrin::biggrin:

You'll get a lot of support I'm sure. There have been many folk whose picture-taking interests have been inspired by your work.

Be well now pal

ZIN

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I am a ''hard cover'' guy, and I would't mind to pay something more...;)

Great idea John..:thumbup1::thumbup1:

I guess you could always print it out and slap a cover on it. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would the pictures be of Omegas John? ;) :biggrin::biggrin:

You'll get a lot of support I'm sure. There have been many folk whose picture-taking interests have been inspired by your work.

Be well now pal

ZIN

A few Omega photos, I'm sure my friend. :001_tt2:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'd be interested in something like that, John, particularly about lighting set-ups, in-home studios and the like.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Resources on eBook publishing

... I've long considered putting together an e-book (published in PDF Format) which focused on macro photography techniques as they relate to photographing watches....
If you (or anyone else who may be looking in on this Thread w/ their own interests) is interested in support w/ eBook publication, I've kept tabs on resources over the years and have come to like "The eBook Coach" LINK. I have no connection whatsoever w/ these folks, so you should conduct your own due diligence.

Seems like I've also seen something on Amazon.com or maybe even Google.com that allows you to upload text in electronic format to their site, which is then printed one-off as folks order. If not your primary approach, this might be a way of responding to some of the other Posts here which were interested in something more tactile, and for coffee table appeal.

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you (or anyone else who may be looking in on this Thread w/ their own interests) is interested in support w/ eBook publication, I've kept tabs on resources over the years and have come to like "The eBook Coach" LINK. I have no connection whatsoever w/ these folks, so you should conduct your own due diligence.

Seems like I've also seen something on Amazon.com or maybe even Google.com that allows you to upload text in electronic format to their site, which is then printed one-off as folks order. If not your primary approach, this might be a way of responding to some of the other Posts here which were interested in something more tactile, and for coffee table appeal.

Thanks much for the resource - it's been a few years since I produced my one an only ebook, so I'm sure I've got a lot to learn and re-learn.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Marketing, marketing, marketing

Thanks much for the resource - it's been a few years since I produced my one an only ebook, so I'm sure I've got a lot to learn and re-learn.
My experience has been, believe it or not, that writing is the easy part. After that, it's getting the word out. Maybe even in advance of actual completion.

So-- when you're ready, remind everyone that's on any other Forum to get the word out. Maybe even create cool click-on links that those of us who have websites and signatures elsewhere capable of pointing to URLs could easily use them. :biggrin:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Your selfless generosity knows no boundaries.... :lol::laugh::001_tt2:
Yea, I know..

OK - late 80's movie quote

"sometimes I find myself giving & giving so much it hurts. And I have to say to myself stop it".

Ok, it may not be an exact quote so I'll give you a hint. It was in a Christmas themed movie. A Saturday Night Live guy starred in it.... What was the movie?

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea, I know..

OK - late 80's movie quote

"sometimes I find myself giving & giving so much it hurts. And I have to say to myself stop it".

Ok, it may not be an exact quote so I'll give you a hint. It was in a Christmas themed movie. A Saturday Night Live guy starred in it.... What was the movie?
Hmm....doesn't sound familiar to me....:confused1:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts