WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I asked the price of a genuine Breitling divers black rubber strap??

Does anyone know?:confused1:

I know my Omega Seamaster strap cost an arm and a leg.:blushing: But it did make the watch.:001_tt1:

·
Registered
20,790 Posts
Hey Aaron,

Nope - no reason to be scared... They're much better than the SeMP strap price.. About $75.... :thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
If I asked the price of a genuine Breitling divers black rubber strap??

Does anyone know?:confused1:

I know my Omega Seamaster strap cost an arm and a leg.:blushing: But it did make the watch.:001_tt1:
Hey Aaron,
Are you coming over the dark side and getting a Breitling??? :scared: Or did I miss it and you already have one?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Aaron,

Nope - no reason to be scared... They're much better than the SeMP strap price.. About $75.... :thumbup1:
Thanks Scott.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Aaron,
Are you coming over the dark side and getting a Breitling??? :scared: Or did I miss it and you already have one?
Hey John,

In theory I have a black dial Super Ocean Chronograph.It's just when it makes its way through Customs will be the story.

You know I really am starting to like the Navitimer models as well,but I need the water resistance.:thumbup1:

Tip of the day

Never import something around Xmas or when parcels are in high volume.

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Aaron,
I think my SO blue rubber strap cost about $100NZD, and is the most comfortable strap I have ever worn, bar none.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aaron,
I think my SO blue rubber strap cost about $100NZD, and is the most comfortable strap I have ever worn, bar none.
Thanks Muttley,

That will just about concur with what Scott estimated.At least it is reasonable price as the Seamaster strap was absolutely ridiculous in price.(I still bought it but I had to think long and hard about.)
:thumbup1:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Do they make a rubber strap for a Super Avenger? Or are all the rubber straps generic? It would be cool if it said what model of watch it is on the strap. Where do you buy them and in what colors do they come in?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
All the Breitling rubber straps are the same. Very high quality, either black or blue, 20 or 22mm and they look like this. Although, as much as I like the look and want to like it on my wrist, everytime I wear mine I find it a bit uncomfortable, in a hair pulling sort of way.

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Hey Aaron,

Thanks for the photo. That really looks nice. Where do you purchase the Breitling straps? Can you only get them from an AD? How much do they cost in USD?
Thanks
From any Breitling AD. Don't think you can get them elsewhere?
As you can see by this thread, there are a couple of different opinions about them - I think my SO rubber strap is very comfortable, but JohnR finds they pull the hair on his wrist (I've got a faily average 'hairy' wrist so was surprised to read this).
Best thought would be to 'try before you buy' - go to an AD and try one of their watches with the rubber strap on it (although you'll probably find they all are sporting the SS pro bracelets because of the 'bling' factor, and may not be too happy to fit a rubber bracelet just so you can try it on... :sad:)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was looking on the bay and other sites. I see most are 22mm. The Super Avenger is 24mm. There is only one AD in Rochester, NY. I did not purchase the watch their, they would not come down on the price like Feldmar did in LA. They would only do 10% and extend the warranty to 4 years and then charge 8% sales tax, The price for the S.A. went up to $3995.00 Larry at Feldmar quoted me a price 7 months ago and honored it at 30% off for $2795.00 and no sales tax plus $30.00 to overnight ship it to me.
I have been to the jewelers here a number of times and they have nothing in a rubber strap. Most have the pro diver bracelet or on the Bentley models they had leather straps.
I like the bracelet a lot, so I am in no big hurry to change anything. I am not a scuba diver and do little swimming so I do not think this watch will ever see any water. I would wear my Seiko Monster before I would wear this.
I will call around just to see how much it would cost. I will probably call Feldmar in LA. again before buying it locally. The blue rubber strap would look hot on this watch.
Thanks for the information.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts