WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Pals

I know you see that brownish hue on the markers and hands of Old Speedies but I was wondering if SuperLuminova will take on this aged appearance. I have to say that at times it can look attractive on a vintage model but I tend to be of the school that likes to have my watches looking clean and sparkling but you knew that anyway :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Y'all have a nice day now

ZIN

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Hey Pals

I know you see that brownish hue on the markers and hands of Old Speedies but I was wondering if SuperLuminova will take on this aged appearance. I have to say that at times it can look attractive on a vintage model but I tend to be of the school that likes to have my watches looking clean and sparkling but you knew that anyway :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Y'all have a nice day now

ZIN
Finally, someone who totally agrees. I got well and truly shot down for suggesting someone restore an old SMP300 to its former glory as I thought it looked really shabby due to the horrible patina, or muck as I called it.

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I think a little on an ole Speedy would quite look the part but any on a SMP would be out of place. In fact I'd be looking for signs of water damage!!!:eek:

Hope all is well up north Fergie

ZIN

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a little mind you.....

Like this teeny weeny little.... can you see it? :wink:

:biggrin::biggrin:

Be seein' ya pal

ZIN

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
:)
I was wondering this myself.
SuperLuminove hasn't been around long enough
to know but my watchmaker says it is not suppose to turn
like the old tritium dials, but it may take on a bit of a slight discoloration after 20 or so years in bright sunlight.. just his guess.:001_unsure:

my 10+year old Lumibrite dial markers have been in the bright sun A LOT and have not turned at all, I hope its really closely related to SL:thumbup1:

:thumbup:
diver88

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey while we're talking lume and tritium, how come some manufacturers are using tritium tubes? I thought tritium was banned on health and safety grounds.... of the handlers I mean.

Getting back on track again, patina on a modern watch would freak me out. I'd be on the phone seeking service and solace but on a vintage Speedy, just a hint would be fine. A choco dial or bezel too would be acceptable as log as these were neat and tidy and the previous owner walked trough crowds with his wrist behind his back :wink::biggrin::biggrin:

Picture - thisoldwatch​

Y'all have a nice day now pals

ZIN

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Mr Time

How very resourceful of you pal. :)

Did you have that saved in your computer or did you have to go in search of it?

I'm comfy with my SuperLuminova :thumbup1::wink:

Be well now

ZIN

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
Mr. Houston:

I had to search for it. I know the NRC keeps tabs on anything radioactive and thought they may have some informatin there. For a government website, it is quite easy to use.

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts