WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Im a new member. I was wondering what brand and model watch is this (see link). It is used by federal agent Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson)on the 4th season of the x files. The chapter " Max" of the 4th season has a close up of the watch dial.

I found information about the other watches she uses: from 5th to 7th season she used an omega deville prestige 4260.23 ( i want to find an omega like that one :() and for the 8th season she used a men's omega deville prestige 4310.31. The character Agent Fox Mulder also uses omega
Here is a link if you are a fan of this show and omegas (you can find information here about the omegas used in the series)
Chronocentric

·
Super Moderator
15,477 Posts
The generic dial is really throwing me. But I've seen that kind of bezel and case before...if I could just remember....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, ive been told all this time that it looked lile a zodiac dial, but it is actually more similar to the one u posted, because the zodiac rotating bezel doesnt look like the picture at all but the one u posted does. Thanks, ill expand my search

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
It's common practice for the brand name to be removed if the manufacturer won't pay for product placement. For instance, in the modern version of The Thomas Crown Affair Pierce Brosnan's character clearly wears a JLC Reverso - the name has been taken off (digitally, most likely) when you see a clear shot of the watch in a cab scene - but you can catch him toying with flipping it later in the restaurant scene.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If u take a closer look at the picture i posted it does look like it has something above where the brand name goes

·
Super Moderator
15,477 Posts
Croton watches are well-known in Hollywood. Celebs like
Joe Montegna
Miley Cyrus
Natalie Cole
Taylor Swift
Josh Groban
the great Quincey Jones
George Lopez
Shaq O'Neil
Johnny Bench
Sugar Ray Leonard
(and Gillian Anderson?) own or have owned Crotons.

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
It's common practice for the brand name to be removed if the manufacturer won't pay for product placement.
:glare: That doesn't reflect well on the industry, does it. I guess in some instances it makes sense, but other times it just seems bloody-minded.

·
Super Moderator
15,477 Posts
Which industry...horology or movie making?

I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere that when the Thomas Crown movie was being made, Pierce Brosnan was contractually obligated to be associated ONLY with Omega thanks to his James Bond roles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts