WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Being a Mitsubishi fan, my last three cars are Mitsu's, I had to get a watch with a Mitsu logo. I "won" this on Ebay. (Seller's photo)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool... Any info on who produced these?
Don't know yet. Maybe I can tell after I get it. Reminds me the the Alpha 1993 brand, which was decent for the price. I also have the white dial Invicta Speedway (Daytona). I like that a lot.

They offer a number of different car logos. The watch was a Buy It Now of only $25.00 plus shipping came to a total of $62.00. The seller is in Hong Kong. Will probably never know who produced it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At that price, I doubt that it's Swiss or German. But if it is, I will be forced to move it out of this forum!
:lol: LOL KW. I think my thread is safe. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
CaptKirk,

I have no doubt you'll get to enjoy that watch (for the next few years at least ;-) ).

I'm currently doing a gig in Seoul, South Korea. I can't tell you how many "imitation" Rolex I get offered in the marketplaces today. It seems they are everywhere, if just under the table. I've also see the same watches with the Korean manufacturer's branding on the dial (these what are on the table).

Its not all Chinese made. I'm convinced that Korea is making LOTS of homages to Rolex - and Cartier, Panerai, Frank Muller, etc. I like the fact that there is a date in your Mitsubishi watch. That seems to be the thing that makes these homages more desirable to me. If the Koreans can figure out how to stuff a date in there, why can't the Swiss?

Enjoy your new watch!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I get the watch, I'll post pics of it with my Invicta Speedway for comparison.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts