WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have this watch up and running, but, have two issues...

(01) How do you remove the stem & Crown, I see when I have the crown fully in a piece pops out with a dot, but when slightly pushing the piece down nothing happens in removal of the Stem & Crown?

(02) Calendar wheel sticks at times when setting it up and having it running I assume it may need cleaning and oiling but, is their anything I can do to get it fully working, I'm going to assume Lack of Use when I purchased it may be a issue since it may have been in storage for quite sometime?

· Super Moderator
17,361 Posts
Is there the possibility that, rather than ''sticking'', the date wheel is on a delay? While many date wheels are geared to change exactly at midnight, it is perfectly normal (although rather irritating and hard to get used to) for some watches to not change over for a full two hours, @ 2:00 A.M.

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Is there the possibility that, rather than ''sticking'', the date wheel is on a delay? While many date wheels are geared to change exactly at midnight, it is perfectly normal (although rather irritating and hard to get used to) for some watches to not change over for a full two hours, @ 2:00 A.M.
I wish, but when I’m setting her up the wheel becomes cumbersome at times not wishing to turn as I short it out with the day marker and + side of the battery,
I actually have to short it out a few times until the calendar wheel turns on to the next date At other times it turns without issues, so either it’s dirty or it has some worn teeth, even though each time I hear the motor trying to turn it,
maybe I will have no alternative but to send it to seiko to have it serviced, but, knowing seiko they will swap out the internals on one that has already been properly serviced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.