WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a decent quality watch, is it acceptable that the crown is a little wobbly when it is pulled out? It doesn't appear that the stem is wobbly, just the crown. Since I don't know how the crown is attached to the stem (I hope I'm using the right terms) I don't know if this is okay or not. The watch in question is a Bulova Accutron automatic.

Thanks for any info!

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Does Bulova Accutron

have screw down crown? If not, then I suspect the crown stem treaded backing area has come lose over time. Most of the crown stem treaded backing area is pressed on. Over time they become sloppy from usage. They wobble and eventually separate from the crown hat.
I would get the crown changed, the stem sounds like it is ok.
Arthur

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have an Accutron rose gold automatic diver with screw down stem. It is "loose" and wobbly when unscrewed, but secure when tightened down. I checked several others in the dealer's display and they were all like that. I think the crown is attached with a pivot onto the stem. Probably helps in lining up the threads to keep from stripping them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.