WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
Currently my only 18k in the collection. But it's also one of my favorites in the collection... Took a long time to find one, and haven't seen but one or two for sale since then so it'll almost certainly never leave the collection.

Breitling 18K Headwind.

And since the title didn't say 'current collection', here's 2 more that were in my collection but no longer are.

18k rose gold Jaeger LeCoultre Master Calendar. One of my favorite rose golds and I loved the triple calendar complication, but I didn't have enough opportunity to wear it so I released it.

And Patek Phillipe 5296 in 18k white gold. The simplicity of this watch was delightful. But like the JLC I couldn't find enough opportunity to wear it and it became a safe queen. If I was able to wear it on any regular basis, it never would have been sold. But I couldn't and it was.

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
The Jaeger (and Patek) is magnificent.
Yes the Jaeger would be my choice
Lovely watch
Agreed. There are a few other Calatrava models I like a smidge more, and rose/pink gold is perfect for a PP.

Forgot to mention I've got this sexy little number in the box also:

Not as much gold value as the Constellation C-case, but it would bring a few bucks on the market. :wink:

·
Registered
446 Posts
This one is a shade under 2 toz of 18K gold.

It's 145 years old, and in nearly unused condition. This is a scarce watch in the original case in any condition. Only about 10,000 were originally produced. A significant number were originally in gold, but the typical heavy gold cases of these have fared poorly through the last three gold rushes. Most of the ones seen today are worn slick or nearly so. This is a rare watch in this condition(and those who know me know that I do not use the word "rare" lightly).

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.