WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I know,many friends who collect watehes, they like to keep the watches in the cabnet, and wind it by hand when use it. And some like to keep the watches in a watch winder, and take out and put on at any time, they think it saved a lot of time to wind it by hand. Especially for those who have a pair of big hand, it is a little difficult to circle the little thing. I think a watch winder is a good choice for them, also it keeps the watch and the time more accurate :)

So how about you? Which one do you like to use, hand or winder ?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
My watch winder with my 8926 mounted on it:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
That's an impressive display.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Is it just me, or does this seem a bit like a shill post for windersworld.com? "hard to turn the circle thingy?"

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
:) hello Tracy,

WELCOME to the WTF.

hope you have fun around here....:thumbup1:

I have often thought about a winder, and also one that could be battery operated.
anybody seen something like that?

:):)
diver88

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
It looks like tracy is a sponsor, so I guess it's all good.

I have to admit that those winders are competitively priced.

I own only one automatic, so wearing it when I'm at home or just in the evenings seems to keep it wound pretty well.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out Grady. I will check out your winders, Tracy. I do use them. Sorry for calling you a shill. It seemed like some kind of an engine or bot post.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I haven't gotten a winder yet, but I should.

I don't want it just because it's utile, but they also look pretty bitchin'...

·
Registered
175 Posts
I do both

I keep my favorite watches on Eilux winders and the rest are in a display case ready for me to wind them when I wish to wear one. :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
:)

most of my watches are ready to wind, reset and wear.

but one really good use for a "winder" for me is for my vintage watches or other watches that do not have the more modern "quikset" date feature.

some of those can really be difficult to reset, so a winder for those would be very convienient I think..:)

been thinking about that anyway:thumbup1:

:):)
diver88

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Steven, I saw a post here several days ago.
A guy bought a watch winder and get broken, so he opened the box and found out the engine which keep the head winding is two rubber lastex, and it's broken. So he fasten the two rubber lastex and put it back, and it start to work again.
"Now it's fixed, and it is time for me to sell it to somebody else !"

Does it like a joke ? It is really crazy for manufactory to produce things like that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts