WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Will the Pats go 16-0? How about the Super Bowl? (MULTIPLE SELECTIONS PERMITTED.)

• The Pats will beat the Giants and go 16-0.

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • The Giants will SHOCK everyone and defeat the Pats leaving them at 15-1.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Pats will not win the Super Bowl and will lose in the playoffs.

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No stopping them now, the Pats are on a roll and will take it all. Super Bowl Champs all the way.

Votes: 7 43.8%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may remember, in the archive, I asked if the Pats would go 16-0. Most did not think so, and given the Pats' remaining schedule, one would think a loss was imminent. According to the announcers, Philadelphia provided a blue print; yet, no still has defeated the Pats. The final regular season game is Saturday night against the Giants who may not start their regulars, or if they do, pull them quickly, as they have to play in the wild card round of the playoffs. So what do you think? Pats 16-0? How about Super Bowl Champs?

·
Registered
260 Posts
As much as i am Giants fan, they will most likely loose, BUT! it could be an upset, they are known to happen :) (i can hope)

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Just crunching numbers here?

I think the Pats will walk over the Giants as the Giants have shown some weakness that the Pats should easily exploit. I did vote they would lose in the playoffs but for only one reason. The odds of going undefeated for that many games are just way up there. Yes, the Dolphins did it but they did it with a shorter season, not to take away from the accomplishment.

Now with that said, I think the Pats have a better chance than any team I have seen. Getting to the playoffs is one thing, winning them all is another. You get to the playoffs via your win/loss on the season. But, the teams that win the playoffs are the teams that are peaking. By example a 10/6 team could easily lose to a 9/8 team if you look at things like, the last 6 games played had the 10/6 team at 3/3 and the 9/8 team at 6/0. In that case the 10/6 has started moving in the wrong direction and the 9/8 is peaking and really coming on. Of course, if the Pats go in 16/0 you don't know where they are other than they are really darn good! But again, the peaking team my be bringing something new to the field.

So, once again I want to qualify my vote the Pats will lose in the playoffs based only and solely on odds. But, iff anyone can pull it off, the Pats may can.

My above thoughts are based strictly on numbers and without prejudice.:001_smile:

Because of that, I feel I deserve to make at least one statement that is completely based on prejudice.:001_rolleyes:

I sure hope the Pats kick the Giants Butts!:001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:

·
Registered
793 Posts
It would be cool if the Giants beat the Pats but................. I would much rather have the Pats go undefeated up until the Superbowl game only to be defeated by the Cowboys in the rematch.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Well, insofar as the Patriots cheat, I would expect them to go all they way.

I don't follow football closely, but something tells me that any team going up against a team that is on the verge of going undefeated would as a matter of pride put everything they have into the game to try to beat that team, regardless of whether or not their position in the playoffs was secured.

If the Giants are going to roll over, then of course the Patriots will win. If the Giants give their all, they still might be outclassed, but as they say, "On any given Sunday...."

·
Registered
66 Posts
As much as I hate the Pats, I have to admit that they look good this year. I would say that the Pats will easily walk all over the Giants. On the other hand.... the superbowl.... Romo is on fire now. The cowboys *might* beat the Pats.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
As much as I hate the Pats, I have to admit that they look good this year. I would say that the Pats will easily walk all over the Giants. On the other hand.... the superbowl.... Romo is on fire now. The cowboys *might* beat the Pats.
I think Pats will walk over the Giants. The final score may not show this as I think if the Pats strike early they will play soft maintaining the lead and protecting from injury. While I still think the numbers say they will slip in the playoffs I base that purely on odds and nothing to do with how good the Pats obviously are. However, if they do not, with that kind of steam, they would walk on Dallas too, as they take it all.:001_tt2:

·
Registered
431 Posts
The 72 Dolphins and the 85 Bears were the best of the best, but this Patriots team ranks right there. I don't think an NFC team can beat them but the Colts just might.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
The 72 Dolphins and the 85 Bears were the best of the best, but this Patriots team ranks right there. I don't think an NFC team can beat them but the Colts just might.
That would be sweet.

If it is the Colts and the Patriots, I just might watch the game.

Minus the pregame and halftime shows, of course.

Super Bowls tend to be so overblown that the game gets lost in all the hoopla.

It's obscene.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Well, it was a heck of game.

The Giants definitely didn't roll over for the Patriots.

So, there you go.

16-0

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
[email protected]

By the record alone one would think cakewalk for Dallas. However Dallas has locked up home field advantage already all the way through the playoffs. Do the risk injury in this game that statistically means nothing to them and play all out? his is after all the NFC rivalry game. Or, do they play soft and protect themselves? Also, don't forget when they met earlier in Dallas it was a very close game and the Skins have seemed to show some new found spark in the past few weeks and a win here could put them in a wild card position. Except for NFC East bragging rights the cowboys have nothing to gain with a win. The Skins however are in a do our die game.

This game could be a good one to watch. Of course year end year out this match up is always a good game to watch.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Great game:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Regards
Bob:)

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Well, Washington made Dallas look like a bunch of ballerinas.

Maybe Dallas was saving themselves for the playoffs, but it sure didn't look like it to me.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Well, Washington made Dallas look like a bunch of ballerinas.

Maybe Dallas was saving themselves for the playoffs, but it sure didn't look like it to me.

Dallas used all their starters in the first half and netted 0 yards rushing and only 4 1st downs. Two of those 1st downs came from penalties against Washington. In the second half they went with their starters long enough for the QB to get one more completion so he could take a team record. But even then Dallas only pulled a few key starters and for the most part most of the starters remained on the field for the rest of the game. I believe at the end of the game they had one yard rushing all day and not even one third down conversion.

In an earlier post I mentioned teams that are peaking generally will beat teams that are going flat regardless of the season record and I think this was a real good example of that. The extra week rest for Dallas should help but I think they are going flat and for that reason I do not think they will make it through the playoffs. If they do, and if the Pats make the Bowl, I predict the Pats will have a cake walk with them. If Washington takes Seattle, stays healthy and continues their stride, they have at least an even chance of beating the Cowboys again the week after that. Dallas fans well remember they got by with a squeaker with Washington early in the season at Dallas with a game Washington literally "threw" away. With Dallas being trampled by Washington in this latest game some Dallas fans may say they want the Skins back in two a few weeks but no body in Dallas wants to face Washington again this year. They will be pulling for Seattle next week, for sure!

As you may have guessed, I am a Skins fan. With that said, the likelihood of any wild card team having to win every post season game on the road and get to the Super Bowl is very, very slim. Not good odds at all. I am just looking ahead one game at a time now. Seattle is also peaking that is going to be a testing game. I am much more worried about that game than I am the Skins facing what seems to be a team (Cowboys) that appears to be going flat. In a Giants, Cowboys match up, I think the Giants have the upper hand. Yes they just lost to the Pats but they played hard and they played well. Again, they have been coming on while the Cowboys have been in reverse.

If Washington beats the odds and makes it to the SB, I sure hope someone else gets lucky and knocks off the Pats cause I don't like the odds of them beating the Pats. But again, no other team has very good odds of taking them either. With very good reason I am sure all the Pats fans are feeling pretty good right now and can smell the trophy.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I agree the Cowboys have looked started to look worse and worse each week since the Thanksgiving day game. They are not dominating like they were early on in the season. However, having 6-7 starters out due to injuries the past few weeks (including yesterdy's game) dosen't help them out either.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I agree the Cowboys have looked started to look worse and worse each week since the Thanksgiving day game. They are not dominating like they were early on in the season. However, having 6-7 starters out due to injuries the past few weeks (including yesterdy's game) dosen't help them out either.

They were beat by a team that used a QB that until a few weeks ago had not started a game in over 7 years! He had about a 68% completion rate with no interceptions and commanded a great ground game. Dallas had one yard on the ground the whole game. They, are in deep trouble.:wink: If you can't control the ground, you can't control the clock. If you can't control the clock, you lose!

But this thread was all about the Pats, I believe? In my excitement of the scalping of the Cowboys I really went on a rant. Sorry?? So, to get back on the Pats let me say with honesty, everybody is afraid of them!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Skins lose, Seattle goes to Texas!

Sea hawks ended a great run by the Skins on Saturday and it is off to Dallas next week. With what Dallas has shown over the past several weeks I believe it will be the end of them at home. Cowboys could do nothing with the Skins defense two weeks ago (offense too) and the Sea hawks are quicker than the Skins of defense. Cowboys had a weeks rest but I do not think that is going to be enough to stop the Sea hawks.
Sea hawks by 3.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Sea hawks ended a great run by the Skins on Saturday and it is off to Dallas next week. With what Dallas has shown over the past several weeks I believe it will be the end of them at home. Cowboys could do nothing with the Skins defense two weeks ago (offense too) and the Sea hawks are quicker than the Skins of defense. Cowboys had a weeks rest but I do not think that is going to be enough to stop the Sea hawks.
Sea hawks by 3.
Uh.... yeah Dallas is playing NY. Seattle goes to Green Bay. Unless you are forecasting the NFC championship game.:lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Uh.... yeah Dallas is playing NY. Seattle goes to Green Bay. Unless you are forecasting the NFC championship game.:lol::lol:
That is what I see happening, but if I was really good at this I would be a TV sports analyst making big bucks!:lol:
But of course you are correct and I have jumped through a game. While I would like to the the Giants win they are coming off a premiere showing against the Pats. Even if it was a loss you have to admit they played well. Cowboys because of home field and do or die will spend their last effort and win by 6. But, that will be it for them this season.
Thanks for pointing out my stupid leap two weeks.

·
Registered
20,790 Posts
Regarding the Pat's 16-0... Not so fast..... I read an article they used score-board enhancers in 15 of those games (only one they weren't used in was Miami so says the report) and are now under local, state, federal & league investigations being run by Barry Bonds & Roger Clemens... When asked, quarterback Tom Brady only had this to say "we never injected any score board with score-enhancers. Those scoreboards have natural strength & changed in exponential proportion to our opponents scores naturally & legally. There wasn't anything special about it". Though when asked about the fact a soldering gun, empty vial & Patriots ball-cap was found next to an over-sized score board circuit in Philly on Nov. 26th, he only replied "no comment" & scurried away, hands to face.

More news to come, but expect their season to be forfeited in this disgracing act of using illegal score-board enhancers to artificially increase their scores.... :eek:hmy: :blink: :blink:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts