WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'd be interested in something like that.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
I'd be interested in a dress version of Lum-Tec's current line of watches, but -- although this Weigand example is very pretty -- I would want something a little more characteristic of Chris' current line of sporty watches. I'd like something distinctly "dressy," but also a watch with a clear Lum-Tec pedigree, whether that was conveyed through the use of similar fonts or other visual cues.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I appreciate the comments, what I am saying is that Chris could create a sub-brand with no more than perhaps 6 offerings through the Lumtec site and call them Wiegands, the wouldn't have to be lumed. But they would be classic style dress watches, 42mm the ones that won't get stuck on that certain long sleeved dress shirt with the tighter wrist collar. Lumtec could bring the best of what they have learned to the classic style dress wrist watch.

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
I need a dress watch like that!

·
Registered
691 Posts
^Its very refined, probably too refined to carry the Lum-tec logo though. I much prefer the direction this prototype is taking.

Stunning rendering!

I like that direction, too; however, a complete deviation from the norm, such as the RGM-esque rendering, I find most intriguing.

Nevertheless, I would put my hard earned (soon-to-be-confiscated-by-the-government) cash on either.

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
246 Posts
I gotta agree with Luminated here.

The dress watch shown is just too refined IMO and just doesn't fit into the LT design. It looks like any other dress watch, while the renderings that Brian and Luminated showed here look much more LT like and very desirable.

Just my two cts.

Marc

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
I was thinking they come with both the bracelet and the strap! The SS on a black strap would tone it down a notch, but still have that modern classy look!

Reactions: SillentWolf

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
I like it on the strap!

Brian, I like the idea of this watch, but I'm thinking that the hands aren't sized exactly right. They look a little big -- particularly the arrow-style head -- almost cartoonish. I tweaked the minute hand a little bit, and I think this slimmed down version looks a little more refined. I left the hour hand alone to emphasize the difference.

I actually think it could be slimmed even more, but that's a pretty subjective call.

I'd like to get your feeling and others' opinions, too.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For the poster who said the watch shown is boring, I would tend to agree if it was going to be the only watch I was going to own, but I am a collector, who wares my watches depending on how I dress, or my mood, or an event I may attend. So this would be only one watch out of dozen, in that scenario it has role, in the collection.

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
^Its very refined, probably too refined to carry the Lum-tec logo though. I much prefer the direction this prototype is taking.

This is the one i personally like best. It has to have lume and this one does. The polished - non-lumed markings work to give the dressy feel but this one is also plenty sporty as well. Eventually we will bring something similar into our line.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.