WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, while MSNBC is still saying Atlanta has a shot to make the playoffs (mathematically I guess).... .... Hang on, still laughing..... ......

Ok, (whew - that's funny)... let's start looking forward to the draft. Harrington didn't do it, and I don't think he can. I don't think it's all on him - his line & receivers certainly haven't helped him - he'll get all the blame I'm sure (just like the QB gets all the credit when the team wins). And Leftwich certainly wasn't the Rightwich choice either.

I gotta believe Atlanta's going to have to use their first draft to get a QB. Sure, they need to consider RB's as well as Dunn's getting up there, but I believe he's got a few years left, and you got Norwood & Mughelee. I think they're OK there for awhile. Hopefully Brooking doesn't go anywhere, that'll surely leave a gap in the center of the defense. And someone needs to show the receivers how to close their hands together around a ball. Yes, when ball hits hands, close together.. I'm simply amazed at the number of what should be easy catches they've dropped, and not just this year. So, they got problems all around, no debating that. But it all (at least offense) revolves around the QB, so I think they'll be the sacrificial goats here.

And as long as we've opened this can, I'm not sure Petrino's the right guy either. Sure, he inherited a problem when Vick decided he wanted traded to the Federal Chaingangers team, but watching him stick to some of his things have been more than painful. Sticking to your game-plan is fine, as is sticking to what you said you'd do. But football is extremely fluidic, so sometimes you gotta change & fast. I was impressed with Redman in the 4th last week, but I don't think he can sustain anything either (though I wouldn't be surprised to see him start against NO Monday night).

So, as I've said before I don't follow college ball. So whose the top 5 QB's that are likely to enter the draft this year???

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Dixon of Oregon is the best choice. Like Vick but with class.

the rest are just ok, nothing to write home about IMHO.

·
Registered
881 Posts
1. Brian Brohm- The Falcons will probably go after him since he played under Petrino.
2. Andre Woodson- He should be a consistent pro QB.
3. Matt Ryan- Probably the most pro ready QB this year.
4. Dennis Dixon- A lot of upside here.
5. Colt Brennan- It will be interesting to see how well he plays out of the run and shoot.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
1. Brian Brohm- The Falcons will probably go after him since he played under Petrino.
2. Andre Woodson- He should be a consistent pro QB.
3. Matt Ryan- Probably the most pro ready QB this year.
4. Dennis Dixon- A lot of upside here.
5. Colt Brennan- It will be interesting to see how well he plays out of the run and shoot.

thare are other QBS other then Dixon?:D

·
Registered
431 Posts
If Dixon is healthy He is a fine player, can he do the same things against the speed of the NFL? Woodson is the best pure passer but has no pocket presence, he gets sacked way to often. I'm not sure this can be taught. Brohm may be the most ready and he has the skills.
I don't see this as being one of those QB years, no great ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts