WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in search of a new watch and really like the lumtec looks. This will be an every day wear watch that will face variable conditions so I want something relatively tough. Prefer a metal band and something low maintenance. Average size is ok but don't want something that's massive. I'm not a collector and know little of movements and internals. I don't need a chrono, just time and date will do.

I would love to see them in person but since I can't, somebody throw me some suggestions

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Welcome aboard, silentShooter

Believe it or not, many of us started in exactly the same way as you, "liking the look of lumtec" :D

I'd suggest you have a look of the new M Quartz, such as an M55. But then I'll lay good money you'll be pining for one of the limited edition tungstens within the year!

·
Registered
532 Posts
That is tough question to answer as I don't know your personal taste, I will say as an owner of 8 Lumtec watches I think, an M55 or a M56 if you like orange numbering. I own a M57 and it is one of my favorite watches but it is black PVD, if I was going to own only one it wouldn't be a PVD. The tungsten's are nice too as I own 2 of them, they do not scratch ever, but they aren't quartz. With the metal bracelet they are also heavy.
If you decide to order Tungsten and plan to ware it with the steel bracelet only, get Bes to pre-install it for you, some have been challenged to install it in the past. My 2 cents.

I own other brands of watches, but my Lumtecs are the best. IMO you can't go wrong with a Lumtec watch if you are going to own only 1 watch. Then again Lumtec converted me into a watch collector when in the past I mostly wore cheap free watches given too me. It is that powerful of a brand.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
If its a work watch I'd steer clear of the PVD models. Auto or quartz movement is a personal preference and up to you, both are good though I personally don't know if any of them are more durable than the other. Also if you're working your wrists a lot I'd say fit a rubber strap, its got more give and less stress on your springbars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. It's really hard to tell without seeing these in person. I can see how you guys get into collecting these things. They are gorgeous. My funds won't really allow me to collect them though. Having one good watch though is better than me buying 10 cheap ones.

I like the M38, m40, m55 and M52 the best from what I can tell from the website. I wish tree was some way to see them in person, it would make this easy, but I could find no dealers in georgia

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.