WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been looking at "Divers" for the last few days, and the more I look, the more confused I get. They really aren't at a loss for models, are they?

I'm looking at Pro Diver models, Ocean Ghosts, etc. I see prices varying from about $80.00 to over $400.00.

These are photos of some of the ones I've seen which have caught my eye (all photos borrowed):

I see them on eBay, as well as online retailers. Some prices are better than others. The print on the dial of one may be very different than on another. Some are steel, some are two-tone. Does the gold tone wear off on those?

I'm not looking to spend a mortgage payment on a watch right now, and most of the watches I'm looking at are $250.00 or less.

I guess I'm just looking for some recommendations. This will be my first Invicta, but that doesn't mean I want the cheapest one, either. There seems to be quite an impressive array of watches displayed here on a daily basis, so I'm hoping some of you fine folks might be able to point me in the right direction for a good, solid, utilitarian watch.

Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think you'll do well with any selection. Having said that, I own several versions of the last pic, the Abyss diver and I believe that is one of Invicta's best divers. Here is my latest.....

·
Banned
2,511 Posts
Welcome Steve, to coolest forum,you can't go wrong with any pro diver from Invicta,it's just a matter of the style that grabs you.My fav is the 8926,it has the miyota automatic movement, which is a workhorse,there is a variety of divers with the Miyota and within your price range.Triton's Treasures is a proud sponser here,click on the banner and check out our selection,forum members get great deals.

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Steve, size does matter. . . . . . . . . . . . at least to some people.:)

The 8926 Original Pro Divers have 40 mm dials or Rolex Submariner size dials. Nice, comfortable size for just about anyone unless you are a really big guy. The Abyss' are just a wee bit larger because of a slightly larger bezel.

The new Pro Divers have a 42-43 mm dial and are slightly larger than the originals but still wearable by most.

The Ocean Ghost series and the Grand Divers are the largest Pro Divers at 47-48 mm. If you have a small wrist, you may want to steer clear of these although I have several and like the larger size.

Many Pro Divers have the Citizen Miyota 21 jewel mechanical automatic movement that is quite robust. A few of the Ocean Ghosts and medium size Pro Divers have SW200 Swiss-made movements by Selitta. These movements are more expensive but are also more refined.

I hope this helps with your selection.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hey Steve, I have the last watch you have pictured. Model 2845, it is the Abyss with green bezel and MOP dial. If you like MOP dials it is a nice watch. Had this one for almost 2 years and it has held up pretty good. One of my favs.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Most of my Invictas are divers, it just happens to be a style that I like. My first and favorite is the 9937, which I don't think they make anymore, but I might be wrong. The Ocean Ghost is nice if you like a big watch. Someone mentioned the 8926, which I own but I have sized down for my wife to wear now and then. It is a terrific value. Good luck and welcome to the Invicta insanity. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man, I'm diggin' that one with the MOP dial. Where'd you find that??

·
Registered
793 Posts
Man, I'm diggin' that one with the MOP dial. Where'd you find that??
I agree! Nice!

That's going on my list of future watches.

I have an assortment of Invicta divers, my favorite style.

As far as choosing your first, it's a highly personal decision. Pick the one that appeals to you, and is in the right price range. There is always time to get another one later when you find your "new" favorite. :thumbup1:

Here is another piece of advice. Run! Leave this watch forum and any others that you may have joined while you still can! Don't buy that first Invicta!!! It's too late for the rest of us. Save yourself!! :eek:

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is another piece of advice. Run! Leave this watch forum and any others that you may have joined while you still can! Don't buy that first Invicta!!! It's too late for the rest of us. Save yourself!! :eek:
Dude, I've been a member of photography forums and guitar forums. This is nothing new!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts