WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I'm with Foggy.....it doesn’t get any better that the PR Jazzie, if dressy is what you are looking for...

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
As a classic time piece, you cannot beat the JazzMaster. And knowing your preferences (not a chrono or too large) I'll suggest one of the Khaki King watches. . . ETA auto, 100m water resistant, 40mm case.

For $1000, you can get a Amercian Classic JazzMaster auto and a Khaki King mechanical automatic.

Some of the Hamilton's with the interesting complications i.e. X-Wind are all larger watches. . . 42-44mm.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
You need to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of a watch that had a significant impact on horological history. The Hamilton Ventura 50th Anniversary LE. They becoming harder to find. They are "out there" in design (you don't have one like it), and are done in a size that you play in. Rusty has the SS version ..I have the gold tone version....And you would have $$ left over to take the pug for a burger!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my limited edition Khaki X-Wind for $1050 out the door. If you can make that deal there is no better watch for the money.

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks gents. Please keep the suggestions coming. I'm going to start researching these suggestions.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
For disclosure purposes, I should state that I am first starting out with Hamilton myself and my first one has not arrived yet. But from looking at the different models you have to decide if you want to go for a sporty watch or a dress watch. Hamilton makes both in the under $1000 range. My price target was between $500 and $1000. For that price I wanted something I could wear everyday (or almost), i.e.: sporty, not dressy. I ordered a Khaki Field Chronograph. If I want something dressier in the future, I might consider a Jazzmaster.

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
$1000 budget, so what watch.
Recommendations please.
You and me both, unfortunately my budget's around $200 at the moment so I doubt there'd be a single thing. Just have to keep sending the children down to the salt mines a bit longer.... unless any bargains come up in the For Sale forum :sad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts