WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched Google, Amazon, and the Invicta website and haven't really found a source for watch bands. I have an I-Force that uses a 26mm wide band and attaches via hex head screws not spring bars. The stock band is a little overblown with side buckles to adjust the strap length. The whole affair looks more like a horse bridle than a watch strap. :blink: I would like to get a rubber or more plain leather strap to replace the original.

Looking around on eBay I mostly see straps (and Invicta straps) that take speed bars. Mostly on Amazon they offer rubber straps that take speed bars or they are short and thin. This OEM strap is thick.

So, does anybody have a "secret source" he would like to share?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Sorry, the Invicta parts department is really one of the only options in alot of case. I would suggest checking all the strap variations of a particular model, write down the model number, then call the parts department, and order the strap for that model. You could also look into buying a custom strap buy that will be pricey. Let us know what you decide on and if you do get a new strap post some pics.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I took a chance and order a 26mm strap from eBay that is 5mm thick (leather) so it should be nicely proportioned to the watches enormous scale. Below is a pic of the watch model and this fellow installed a divers strap which is no longer available on Amazon.

Now, how do I get the hex head screw and nuts loosened? Is this a standard hex size? Does one or both sides loosen or is it one particular side?

What makes me think is that someone was selling an Invicta hex wrench on eBay and I let it go. Hope that doesn't mean it's proprietary.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Will an Allen wrench wrench fit? Is it a bar that runs from lug to lug that needs to unscrewed and run through the strap? An Allen wrench set can be had at any local hardware store for cheap. If it uses a weird size, which I doubt, maybe order the wrench from Invicta. Be careful when attempting to loosen or re-tightening the screws because the threads on the screws were known, in the past, to warp from over tightening, leaving the screw useless.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I have some Allen wrenches BUT I did find they eBay guy had listed the Invicta wrench listed again and I did the carpe diem thing. His picture shows that the bars are actually long screws. My biggest issue is which side is which?

$(KGrHqRHJBIE8e0EUlkcBPOVOZezzg~~60_58.JPG

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, looks like a big red face for me. I emailed the eBayer that had changed the same band for a divers band as pictured above. He said the nuts are pure decoration and the band changes like any other! Man, I have eyeballed that case well and was sure those nuts or screws were real. When the new band arrives I'll get down to it.

:blushing:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Very nice watch

That watch should look awesome with a new wide leather band. I think you made a great choice. Thanks to Patsbosoxfan, I just purchased a strap from one of the sponsors here (Panatime). They carry a great line of straps/bracelets at very competitive prices. If you haven't bought the strap yet give them a look it is a very informative website and can walk you through many of your questions.

Here is a link to their 26mm strap page:
26mm Straps

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! It is possible, but you'll have to order the strap or bracelet from the Invicta parts department. Find the SAN IV model with the part you want and then order the part for that model number.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! It is possible, but you'll have to order the strap or bracelet from the Invicta parts department. Find the SAN IV model with the part you want and then order the part for that model number.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
I read that they won't sell to private individuals; does that mean I need to go through an Invicta retailer? Also, do all the straps for the SAN IVs fit all the different SAN IVs? Thanks for the welcome and advice.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
The Invicta parts department will sell straps/bracelets to individuals. Sometime if the watch is no longer in production they will request that you ship the watch to them, but since the SAN IV is relatively new you shouldn't have a problem. I haven't seen any differences in the way the straps and bracelets mount on the different SAN IV. They typically only change things around when they package one with interchangable straps.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The Invicta will sell straps/bracelets to individuals. Sometime if the watch is no longer in production they will request that you ship the watch to them, but since the SAN IV is relatively new you shouldn't have a problem. I haven't seen any differences in the way the straps and bracelets mount on the different SAN IV. They typically only change things around when they package one with interchangable straps.
Very nice and thank you very much for the help.

-Lee

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, the watch did have spring bars not screws! Invicta really faked me off with those hex head nuts. I got my heavy duty strap in and had no problem getting the bands affixed to the watch....the problem was that I couldn't get the large buckle off the new strap. It was a screw and it would not budge. I wrote the seller and he said to put a drop of oil in the bottom hole of the buckle and let it sit. Still no good. On top of that, the strap was one hole short of a fit. Eventually I got it buckled and it started to stretch. One other problem is the strap came from Thailand and it reeks of SE Asia....unwashed water buffalo leather! :blink: I could get whiffs of it while wearing it using the computer! An Invicta Lupah strap (divers, rubber) came in and I was able to affix it to the watch and change the buckle. It's ashamed the 5mm strap didn't work out.

If I had a Dremel I could cut the screw on the 5mm strap to change the buckle so I will keep that in mind.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts