WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at purchasing a blue diver and the prices range drastically. Tried getting a quote with one of the sponsors here, and they never called or emailed me with the price; I have issues with vendors that can't return a call (I was in the online chat so I know they got the request).
I checked with the one of two authorized dealers in my area and they can be up to $400 more than some I find online. Where are you guys buying your Oris from? Also, what is the experience buying from a gray market store?
Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Looking at purchasing a blue diver and the prices range drastically. Tried getting a quote with one of the sponsors here, and they never called or emailed me with the price; I have issues with vendors that can't return a call (I was in the online chat so I know they got the request).
I checked with the one of two authorized dealers in my area and they can be up to $400 more than some I find online. Where are you guys buying your Oris from? Also, what is the experience buying from a gray market store?
Any thoughts appreciated.
I bought mine from the sponsor at the top of the page. Same one you are looking at (Blue Diver). I (like you) utilized the online chat and did get a response. I had a wonderful experience, received great service, and would reccomend them at the drop of a hat. BTW, they are an authorized Oris dealer.

The other advice I would give is that we are all human beings and make mistakes so maybe try again with them.

Hope this helps, Brad

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up ordering from About Time. Great service and very responsive, glad I gave them another shot. Should have my blue diver in about a week since they didn't have stock. Beat my local Oris dealer by $200, plus no sales tax. Judging by the Bentleys and Rolls Royce Phantom in the lot, they won't miss my business.

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
I ended up ordering from About Time. Great service and very responsive, glad I gave them another shot. Should have my blue diver in about a week since they didn't have stock. Beat my local Oris dealer by $200, plus no sales tax. Judging by the Bentleys and Rolls Royce Phantom in the lot, they won't miss my business.
Good to hear you gave them another try (on Brad's advice). As he said, sometimes mistakes happen, and in this case they have made good the second time around :thumbup1:.
Don't forget to post pics here when the new watch arrives - we LOVE pics :001_tt1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.