WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to this, but I am looking to buy a decent Seamaster, Constellation or something of that ilk. I'm looking for a reasonably clean Omega I can keep for life and I dont mind a watch that's needs some tlc.

EBay is an obvious source but I'm a little concerned I will end up with a replica. There also appears to be huge variation in prices for somewhat similar watches (makes me think everyone knows something I dont).

Anyhow, perhaps someone can recommend some other sources for used older Omegas.

Thanks in advance and I promise to post photo once I buy.

Patrm

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
I'd be very concerned about eBay because there are too many shenanigans going on. You could check out our sales forum for starters, or the various watch forums using the keyword "seamaster" or "constellation" at either of these search sites:

WatchRecon

Elite Deal Seeker

We also have a number of sponsors who deal in vintage watches:

WATCH TALK FORUMS - Sponsors

I've personally bought from Old World Jewelers - Andy is great. Good luck, and feel free to post pictures of any potential purchases so we can help you sort the good from the bad and the ugly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the guidance.

I found the following Constellation for sale Here. Its a ways beyond my budget, but perhaps a haggle is possible. Any feedback on this watch would be much appreciated:

Thanks in advance

Patrm

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nice watches, the Constellation is in good shape but it's pricey. The Seamaster is a little overpriced, and I'm not sure about the TURLER. I've seen turler stamped on Omegas but never with that font, usually they look like this.

Ebay can be a good source if you know what you're looking for, but it can be a big trap if you don't. You can also try timezone and the forum here. :thumbup:

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
Any feedback on this watch would be much appreciated
I agree with Kyle that the price is a tad high, but if a hundred or so can be knocked off it's definitely in the ballpark. That's a 60's reference 168.004 I think. Looks in decent shape. The first things I look at are the dial, then the condition of the stars on the caseback medallion, then the crispness of the lugs. Even the hands and crown seem okay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another Constellation HERE that looks to be quite similar to the other, but a little cheaper.

Does anyone have an opinion of which might the best of the 2 ?

Thanks again for all your help.

Patrm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts