WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i am pretty close to buying my first Invicta, the "11747BRB" and i love the look, and it seem durable. i am looking for a more casual watch than my Bulova, but don't want to go so causal with the look of a G shock. so this seems like a good mix. does anyone know where these are made? i know they have a "Swiss movement" in them, but i am guessing the are assembled in China, based off the cost. also does anyone have one, and have a picture of it on their wrist? i am looking for a bigger case look, and i think this should be just about right. thanks!

·
Super Moderator
16,557 Posts
Hello topher, and welcome to WTF. So you're close to buying your first Invicta, eh? Please do yourself a favor and make sure you're buying from an Invicta Authorized Dealer. If a problem develops, you'll want someone who will actually take it back for en exchange or a refund.
As to where the pieces are assembled, no one's talking. You will see a lot of "I guess..." or "I assume..." or "they're probably..." but we are not going to know for sure until one of the factory workers becomes a member. As of now "the Far East" is as exact as I can get with any certainty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i just bought it and am looking forward to it arriving. I got it through Amazon, and they say that the watch is covered under the full invicta warranty. hopefully i dont have issues though. pretty excited to get it on my wrist!

·
Super Moderator
16,557 Posts
Don't forget...we want pictures of it when it arrives!!! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hello topher, and welcome to WTF. So you're close to buying your first Invicta, eh? Please do yourself a favor and make sure you're buying from an Invicta Authorized Dealer. If a problem develops, you'll want someone who will actually take it back for en exchange or a refund.
As to where the pieces are assembled, no one's talking. You will see a lot of "I guess..." or "I assume..." or "they're probably..." but we are not going to know for sure until one of the factory workers becomes a member. As of now "the Far East" is as exact as I can get with any certainty.
Concerning the country of origin, they finally say where they come from. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself. If you buy one from "The Shop" scroll all the way down to all the details and at the bottom you will see where it was manufactured. 9 out of ten times it will tell you exactly where it came from. Many of them come from the East, but they still have some in their lineup that are all Swiss Made. Shop let "the cat outta the bag" Any piece that has a Valjoux 7750 movement are almost always entirely "Swiss Made". There are quite a few others as well. I saw many that said Swiss made movements and final assembly in China. It depends on the movement and cost most of the time. I'm not sure Invicta liked this too well, but they put it out there for all to see if you scrutinize the ad closely. They are the only re-seller that does it. I am sure of that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got it last night, it loos great, and the box it came in is insane. its bigger than my 12 watch case...here are some pics.

looks pretty good on my wrist, i am still figuring out the chronos, they seem to be doing their own thing most of the time...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.