WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking wistfully at the Accutron section of the Swamp and there are a lot of watches for sale and a lot of people bidding on them. There are apparently a lot of Accutron lovers but where are they ? It seems like other collectors meet to discuss the objects of their lust, why not Accutron collectors ?
When I started to get a bit serious about collecting them I soon found that I wanted to find others with the same disease from whom I could learn and with whom I could commiserate.
What does anyone think, do the other collectors have any desire to talk to others about their hobby? Do they lurk here ? :confused1:

·
Registered
557 Posts
They are probably out trying to find money to buy another watch they don't need.

I wouldn't buy one (only because I coudn't afford it) but lucked out last week. My brother-in-law, knowing that I collect watches, gave me a couple of old watches that had been his grandfather's. One turned out to be an old Canadian Oyster and the other a Solar. After researching the Oysters value, I offered it back but he said keep it. :001_smile:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
New (rookie, green, wet behind the ears) guy checking in. I can hardly be called much of a collector (only having one 2182 Accutron and a Caravelle transistorized) but I'm trying :blush:.

The rest of my "collection" includes an early 90's Omega Seamaster Professional 200m, a Xezo Air Commando, a modded Seiko SKX173 diver, and a couple other less interesting watches (quartz dress Movado / swiss made CK).

Chromspec, nice acquisition!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have heard some people call Ebay the Swamp so I was trying to be cool or hip or something by doing it also. I guess I'd better leave cool and/or hip to those who know how.

I knew there were some nice folks on the Rolex subforum but didn't know they had cookies. Hmmm, maybe I'd better go there more often.

Nice pickup and story Chromspec.

·
Registered
4 Posts
noob here too

I have one Accutron, a very minty and very GOLD N6. I just inherited it from my dad, who inherited it from his dad, and my son will inherit it from his dad.
So it will be 4 generations. My grandfather got it as a 47 year retirement award. It looks as though he never wore it, just let the battery wear out and then let it sit. It is off for repair/refurb right now with Mr. Piker.
I can't WAIT to get it back.

Chris

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Of course, your Accutron does not exist unless you show us a pic when it returns. :lol:

noob here too

I have one Accutron, a very minty and very GOLD N6. I just inherited it from my dad, who inherited it from his dad, and my son will inherit it from his dad.
So it will be 4 generations. My grandfather got it as a 47 year retirement award. It looks as though he never wore it, just let the battery wear out and then let it sit. It is off for repair/refurb right now with Mr. Piker.
I can't WAIT to get it back.

Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't consider myself a collector but I have four Accutrons, two running great and two humming but needing work.
I'm looking for a Stainless Steel Spaceview but I don't like buying watches on EBay and that's about the only place to find one these days.
Hmmm, maybe I am a collector. :)

Mike

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Welcome and you know they don't exist without pics! Lol

I don't consider myself a collector but I have four Accutrons, two running great and two humming but needing work.
I'm looking for a Stainless Steel Spaceview but I don't like buying watches on EBay and that's about the only place to find one these days.

Mike

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
A Spaceview looks good in stainless steel:001_wub:

Mike

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.