WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
When you have a large wrist, like I do, 44mm to 47mm is the sweet spot and you don't shy away from 50 or 52mm watches either! On the other hand I do often envy guys with smaller wrists because they can wear 38mm and 40mm that look like what a 45mm looks like on my wrist.

44MM to 47MM doesn't sound large for large-wristed individuals. How do you do with thickness and weight , say in the 15MM and above thickness and 8 ounces or over weight.?

· Registered
544 Posts
They aren't. Above 52mm is where they get what one would call large, on me anyway. It also depends on how the watch is made. My favorite 'Dress' watch is my Zeno, it's 44mm, but, looks much larger, like a 48mm, because it has almost no bezel and is all face. I have an Invicta Jason Taylor that is 53mm, but because is has a thin bezel looks huge at first glance because it, like the Zeno, is all face, then I hear '. . . that watch isn't as big as it looks' when they look at the watch, not the face, on my wrist.

I only think watches in the 19 to 24mm height range are too tall, you may not want to get an Invicta 6666!

Some people have a problem with weight, 8 ounces is no weight though, I don't unless the watch is not sized correctly and even then it would have to be an Android that is close to a pound! You may want to stay away from tungsten watches. HTH

· Registered
100 Posts
I've only seen Android on the internet--I've never seen them in stores. I think that I'm probably 1 of twenty people who look at the daily special on the official site (I don't mind though, I've scored some solid models with mechanical Miyota movements).

If Android put their watches next to the Invicta watches in stores, more people would know that brand...but I like it the way that it is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Compared to watch forums on other brands, the Android Forum does seem to be a bit "slow".

I've noticed Invicta in Costco, but not Android. Maybe Android prefers other marketing venues.

· Registered
147 Posts
Compared to watch forums on other brands, the Android Forum does seem to be a bit "slow".

I've noticed Invicta in Costco, but not Android. Maybe Android prefers other marketing venues.
It's probably just me but every time I see a new Android watch being announced in FB, I roll my eyes because it's ANOTHER 50mm wide/20mm thick monstrosity that I'd be embarrassed to wear.

Wing is experimenting with all kinds of crazy ideas which is cool (I'll never fault anyone for trying new things even if I hate the result), but does a new design HAVE to be in a case that's bigger than my arm? I have THREE variations of the Octopuz because even though it's 42mm, the watch has minimal bezel so the dial seems bigger because it's so easy to read in the water. The watch looks nice and it serves the purpose is that is designed for brilliantly.

I own seven or 8 Androids in the 40/42mm widths and wish that something new would come out in that size range with a Miyota mechanical movement in it. This oversized watch **** needs to stop.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

· Registered
100 Posts
It's probably just me but every time I see a new Android watch being announced in FB, I roll my eyes because it's ANOTHER 50mm wide/20mm thick monstrosity that I'd be embarrassed to wear.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Exactly. I see a lot of attractive Android designs, but most too big for my use, except possibly as a "tool only" watch. Of course I realize that the watch manufacturer/seller has to go with the sizes/designs that sell best.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.