WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have they returned as more accurate performers?

I've had two watches regulated. The first was a Blue AT and the other a four-year young ;) GMT Noir. The AT, some of you may recall had been somewhat manhandled by the grey dealer while the GMT had never been serviced. The AT was steadily losing time, from 8 to 12 and finally 22 seconds after the grey dealer had attempted to regulate it.

Omega came to the rescue and worked the AT down to +/- 0.10 to 0.15 sec daily!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

My other, regular dealer got the GMT up from losing up to 8 sec to a +1 sec runner, again on a daily basis.

In either case, I had no complaints with the result but Omega's service department at Eastleigh get my vote everytime :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

How about you pals? What's your experience in respect of accuracy post service?

Let's talk soon and y'all be well now :)

ZIN

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
:)

I've never had either of my Omegas regulated but have had a couple others done and have gotten amazing results. I think there is a bit of an art to regulating one though.:thumbup1:

:):)
diver88

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
I will let you all know how things go for me. I have a Seamaster Professional Diver in lay-away and will pick it up soon. I plan for service every 3 to 5 years. We'll see...

Thanks for all the great info,
Diver

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mr Diver

You're welcome pal and good to have you with us.

I take it the diver you have is a 2254.50 or Bond?

Be well now :001_smile:

ZIN

·
Registered
748 Posts
My GMT is due for service (the first one since I bought it used in 2001) and it is running a touch slow now.

Since it was never serviced (red dot in place) I'm sure it needs the CLA to get it back to 100% again.

I want to send it to Bienne, but that is costly, and I have to recover from the PO purchase before I spread the love to my GMT and also my old Tag Heuer, which will also get a complete overhaul by Heuer...

Once that's done, I can concentrate on my next purchase...:confused1:

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
I have a 2531.80.00 in lay-away. I am struggling to collect watches without spending enough money to end up sleeping in the garage. My wonderful wife just doesn't understand my fascination with watches. She has been pretty patient so far, but I think any further purchases will land me in trouble.
I picked the older SMP as a compromise in movement quality for considerably less money. The 235180.00 seems like a perfect watch for me. I will dive with it as often as possible. The fact that I will not hae the coaxial movement isn't a problem for me. I expect the movement from the 235180.00 will outlast me.
Hopefully I will find a way to get some good photos and post them when I have the SeaMaster in my hands.

Happy holidays to all,
Diver

1 - 7 of 7 Posts