WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
That's a safe bet. The 2013 models don't normally ship until late summer/fall. The bronze watches should be out in the late winter/spring.
What I'm saying is that with the bronze M53s & M54s looking to be at a good 4 months behind schedule, it would seem a bit presumptuous/insensitive to me for LT to start new projects. I know that I, for one, would be very hesitant to pre-order anything in January 2013 until their 2012 commitments are taken care of.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
^Things don't stand still just because one of their case metal supplier drop the ball. Delaying future models could put the entire year's profits in doubt and with it their business.

I do feel your annoyance but you do have to see the bigger picture.

P.S.
If you're annoyed with the delay just think how Chris feels, he's the guy sitting out a considerable amount with no money from their sales.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
What I'm saying is that with the bronze M53s & M54s looking to be at a good 4 months behind schedule, it would seem a bit presumptuous/insensitive to me for LT to start new projects. I know that I, for one, would be very hesitant to pre-order anything in January 2013 until their 2012 commitments are taken care of.
Something similar happened with the 2010 M Auto and F models being delayed until Feb/Mar 2011. It's not that big a deal.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Do you think LUM-TEC hasn't already spent quite a bit of time discussing, deciding, and planning their 2013 model line (and probably even beyond that)? Chris posted concept renderings of the 2013 M Cobalts back in July along with another thread soliciting suggestions for their 2013 offerings, so I'm going to say it's a pretty safe bet that 2013-bound projects have already been in the works for over half a year now, I really don't think it's reasonable to expect them to now just sit on their thumbs and halt everything while they wait for their bronze alloy suppliers to supply them with the alloy they originally ordered. As Luminated implied above, that just wouldn't make any business sense.

I understand your frustration, I'm in the same situation with another company's bronze watch but instead of a projected 4 months delay they're already at ~3/4 of a year delayed, but knowing LUM-TEC as the upstanding company that they are through and through, I don't feel M53/M54 pre-orderers really have too much to be concerned about.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Do you think LUM-TEC hasn't already spent quite a bit of time discussing, deciding, and planning their 2013 model line (and probably even beyond that)? Chris posted concept renderings of the 2013 M Cobalts back in July along with another thread soliciting suggestions for their 2013 offerings, so I'm going to say it's a pretty safe bet that 2013-bound projects have already been in the works for over half a year now, I really don't think it's reasonable to expect them to now just sit on their thumbs and halt everything while they wait for their bronze alloy suppliers to supply them with the alloy they originally ordered. As Luminated implied above, that just wouldn't make any business sense.

I understand your frustration, I'm in the same situation with another company's bronze watch but instead of a projected 4 months delay they're already at ~3/4 of a year delayed, but knowing LUM-TEC as the upstanding company that they are through and through, I don't feel M53/M54 pre-orderers really have too much to be concerned about.
Nah...I'll bet that Chris & Bes are just chillin' on the porch, sipping beers, and cooling their heels until those cases come in. ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
Man those guys are out running around wearing their new 300M-2's drinking martinis "shaken not stirred" like James Bond... It is way too cold in Ohio to be on a porch sipping beers! :biggrin:

Reactions: sgrenald
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.