WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
I'll usually take 2, casual & a TT for more dressy occations or dinners. But it does depend on where I'm going to stay. If I don't have to worry about someone coming into the place (like housekeeping) then yes. On vacation we usually stay in condos where housekeeping does not come in ever unless you ask for them to. But if I'm staying in a hotel then no, I just take one. I know, some hotels have inroom safes. But do you really think the staff doesn't have a backdoor code & card to get in? I almost guarentee someone on staff does.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I always only take one watch no matter where I go. I travel as light as possible.
I think this is the way to go. One watch is sufficient for most trips. I'd rather not have more than one because invariably your belongings will be outside of your care at different points of time. You can get insurance, but that doesn't help sentimental pieces.

Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I take two sometimes three, I have a special lucite case I bought that holds them tight and keeps them from being scratched, my wife carries it for me in either her purse or carry on lugage

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
I tend to take two or three...I'm trying to get better about traveling light. But, I certainly don't worry about it...that's why I have them insured.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just one for me.

Be careful, if you are around the same wait staff (Resort/cruise ship, etc.) a lot, they might notice that you have several watches.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I tend to just take one watch. I do however debate on which one. And that might take two days to conclude. :confused1:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Well since this will be my first year traveling out of state for a few days since owning my Rolies i must say i'll probably only take one because i don't want one laying around my hotel room even if it will be in a nice Vegas hotel. The only problem is which one to take!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I usually take two--one for business and formal occasions, another for sport. If I can get buy with only one, I do it. Why take the risk? Many business conferences, etc., use causal dress, so I wear a sport watch in that circumstance. It depends on what kind of traveling you are doing. Because of today's invasiveness in going through your luggage, you are more at risk for having things stolen, rather than less, so if you can get buy with one all around watch, I would recommend it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts