WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wondering what is best for storing Qtz movement watches. Leave them running or stop the movements to preserve battery life. I have several venoms. I wonder how long the battery life is for the venoms. I would imagine having the batteries changed out might be a major concern. I hate to disturb the o-rings and mess up the water resistance of these watches. Any and all comments are welcomed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
For me when it is time to change the battery a watchmaker will get it done in no time and your watch will be water resistant like it was when you bought it!

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Invicta can replace the battery and check the water resistance after but its probably pricey. Try to give them a call for a quote. You should be fine going local to a real watch tech not the kiosk at your local mall.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
133 Posts
How damaging is it if you replace them yourself? How important is the WR to the function? I had intended to change mine myself when the time(s) came. That was why I got a case back opener. Would that shorten the life of the watch? I don't wear them in the water except for a possible dunking while doing dishes.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Its not damaging if its done properly. Sometimes people don't oil the gasket and they pinch/stretch the caseback gasket when they tighten it. Sometimes they reuse gaskets that are damaged instead of replacing it. I change mine myself but if a person needs to maintain the WR they should go through the manufacturer who can change the battery and properly test the WR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts