WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, if you had to pick one new watch to get, what would your pick be? If you could only buy 1 new watch in the next couple years (and keeping your current collection) what would you get?

Sky's the limit - John's paying! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This would be a tough one for me. I really want to get a nice dress watch in the next year or so. Currently thinking the JLC Reverso, IWC Da Vinci or Rolex Day Date. But given I'd also like to get a nice moon phase, if I can only have one it may have to be this one...

Pic borrowed from Bill, borrowed from IWC....

The Portuguese Perpetual, in rose or yellow gold... :drool:

·
Banned
90 Posts
Right on Scott. I would have posted the same one, but, oops, it is ordered.

The RG, white face IWC Perpetual is an absolute beauty as well. They stars above its moon are glittering and IMHO the absolute best looking moon phase disk in existence.

Bill

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow.. those are some great choices TF!

And Bill, we expect LOTS of pictures once that new baby is on your wrist!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Another Speake-Marin in except in 23K gold.

·
Registered
527 Posts
same here. i have been looking around for dress watches.
somehow I got tired of looking at big and loud watches.

I have been eyeing JLC Reverso Grande Sun Moon, however, prefer it to be on steel bracelet. If possible, have it on pink gold will be great. :cool1:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I thought about this question, and decided that the only watch which I am dying for is my next one, whatever that might be. When the sun, moon, stars, my budget, a piece that talks to me, and a great deal come together is when I start getting excited about something that I don't yet have. Kids, old house, and money sucking vehicles keep me pretty busy. I know this answer is not in the spirit of the thread, it really is something fun to think about, just not right now for me. :blush:

Well OK, maybe I think about this one.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I thought about this question, and decided that the only watch which I am dying for is my next one, whatever that might be. When the sun, moon, stars, my budget, a piece that talks to me, and a great deal come together is when I start getting excited about something that I don't yet have. Kids, old house, and money sucking vehicles keep me pretty busy. I know this answer is not in the spirit of the thread, it really is something fun to think about, just not right now for me. :blush:

Well OK, maybe I think about this one.

oh this is beautiful. I thought I might have seen it before in some magazines. Help me to recollect my memories. More info?

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
same here. i have been looking around for dress watches.
somehow I got tired of looking at big and loud watches.

I have been eyeing JLC Reverso Grande Sun Moon, however, prefer it to be on steel bracelet. If possible, have it on pink gold will be great. :cool1:

WONDERFUL JLC Yuyan,

That's one of the JLC's I'm looking at too, in 18K rose... :drool:

I'm torn between the moon phare & big date model.... :sad: :confused1:

·
Registered
662 Posts
This one is currently at the top of my wanted list....

The Glashütte Original Sports Evolution Panorama Date. :thumbup:

-Ben

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think I have to go with an 18K/SS Yachtmaster with the white & black onyx dial. If all goes right I hope to have one in the next few months.

·
Registered
527 Posts
WONDERFUL JLC Yuyan,

That's one of the JLC's I'm looking at too, in 18K rose... :drool:

I'm torn between the moon phare & big date model.... :sad: :confused1:
yeah. me too. torn between the two. and yes 18K rose is the ideal case. But I thought be nice on John's wallet. :T

between big date and moonphase?? moonphase will be no1 to get, big date no 2 to get. it's always the moonphase that attracts onlooker first.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts