WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

Premium Member

I walked into Sam's Club and there it was. I think it was $209 plus tax. The MSRP is about $475.

I know that's not much money, but I'm very pleased with the quality of the watch and, of course, it is soulessly accurate.

In my eyes, all my watches are priceless.

Registered
Saved cans & loose change....Periodically taking them to the Coin Shop and purchased 1oz silver bars for about $3 to $4.....silver went up to $13 per ounce and sold them and bought this.....

Not bad for cans and loose change!

Registered
Rolex Sub

I bought this no-date Submariner in 1985 because I wanted a really good watch that was versatile and bulletproof with no complications; and a nearby jewelers my wife uses had ordered this one for a customer who never picked it up. I got it for about $850, well off then then-list price of $1250, but still a lot of money then. Now they are $4,000. It's accumulated some dings over the years, had the bezel replaced three times now. I had it serviced last year and I polished off most of the scratches. It still keeps within 5 sec. per day. It's my all-time favorite watch.

Registered
The most I've paid for a watch is right about $1,600.00, for the Seamaster:

The wife rolled her eyes when I bought it but, bless her pointed little head, she didn't complain...

Registered
The SS Daytona:drool:, $7900, not only my most expensive, but my LAST watch purchase. If I buy another, it will be the divorce attorney fees that will get me.:lol:

Registered
I don't know how to answer this.
Based on retail value? What I paid? Current used prices?
I'd guess my Rolex DJ, which for some stupid (and sentimental) reason has been in a bank deposit box for 12 or 15 years. But maybe not. It's probably worth about $2000. I have watches that cost me more, but may not get that on the open used market.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.