WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
If you really believe that you'll get that good of a price on a REAL BRAND NEW watch then you deserve to be scammed. :scared: Those prices are so full of $#it the site's backround color should be brown. :sneaky2::laugh:

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
One has to remember that not only are fake watches becoming harder and harder to distinguish from the real thing, the websites that sell these "things" are getting more polished and professional-looking all the time. This is why we always advocate the use of Authorized Dealers when shopping for a watch.

I looked at the DWO website.
Even though they claim to be official dealers (interesting choice of words by the way :glare:)
it makes me a tad nervous that the only way you contact them is thru email. If they are legit why is there no phone number or street address listed???

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, or looks like a duck.................it's probally a duck!

I'd stay away, but thats me

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Too funny -the website seems to have disappeared. Looks like it lasted about a week;

Domain Name.......... discounted-watches.com
Creation Date........ 2012-02-21
Registration Date.... 2012-02-21
Expiry Date.......... 2013-02-21
Organisation Name.... John Tsogas
Organisation Address. 2265 Carlson Dr
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Northbrook
Organisation Address. 60062
Organisation Address. AL
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

The state is wrong. That zip and addy is in IL. There was a return address on the website for the company that was in the UK. Good reminder to beware of unproven websites. I wonder if those 10 submariners I send the suitcase of cash for will show up??

·
Registered
805 Posts
definitely looks legit to me...they display, very clearly, Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. of course what occurs during those 7 hours remains a mystery. a 7 hour work day minus an hour for lunch...not bad. :001_tt2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
The prices are below dealer cost on popular models of say a Rolex Sub. Even legit gray market dealers can't sell at those prices. The photos look authentic, but I'm sure what they sell is different from the photos.

They list a return address in London. They claim they've been in business since 2003. If true, we would have heard of them before. Noteworthy is that they claim to have full manufacturers warranties on all their watches--just not possible. Only a fool would do business at this place.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
I am going to lock this, I will say, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck......well you know the rest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.